Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Immig Interview Wait time @ London embassy

Immig Interview Wait time @ London embassy

Old Jun 3rd 2018, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Wh431 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immig Interview Wait time @ London embassy

Hi All,

i am new to this Forum and posting for the first time, so thanks for any advice. Any one got an idea of the current interview wait time @ London embassy?

I am applying for a Family based immig visa (F3) and prio date is 10 Feb 2006. I submitted my DS261 along with all docs to NVC on 11.5. Got an email from them 2 weeks later that 1 doc was missing, which i also submitted on 29.5. So hopefully now they should have all requires docs.

Just wondering when will my interview slot likely to be and can i book medical already (without having recieved an interview date)?

Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 11:58 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immig Interview Wait time @ London embassy

You can book the medical, but I wouldn't yet. The visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of the medical - so if you don't get an interview for 4months, your visa might only be good for 2.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Taffylola is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi check out this thread:
London Visa Backlog
Old Jun 7th 2018, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks but that thread seems to refer to E visa interview wait times, which i believe is different than a family based immig visa.

As per NVC, they normally give an interview date within 60 days of getting all required docs BUT I assume this doesnt mean that the interview will be within 60 days. Hence was wondering if anyone else had a recent experience?
Old Jul 7th 2018, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Finally got the interview for begining of Aug. Now wondering how long does embassy takes to send back the passports?

i hope to travel to US in Aug school holidays.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 12:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wh431
Finally got the interview for begining of Aug. Now wondering how long does embassy takes to send back the passports?

i hope to travel to US in Aug school holidays.
Usually a week or two. But don't pay for any flights until you have your visa in hand, just in case.

Rene
Rene
Old Jul 7th 2018, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Jul 9th 2018, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Blair2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go on this website and type in the embassy you're going to and it gives you an approx. wait times. https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ait-times.html
Old Jul 9th 2018, 12:07 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

My son had his immigrant visa interview on June 27th and courier delivered the package to the house July 4th, so exactly one week for him. We didn't book his flight until he had received the package and checked the contents. The package also contained the invoice and payment instructions for the $220 USCIS immigrant fee.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. Right now i am stuck with another challenge i.e. The embassy has given me interview date of 6th Aug BUT the Knightbridge Doctors dont have any slots for Medical checkup before 14th Aug.

This will further delay the process. Any one got any idea if:

- There is any alternative to The Knightbridge Doctors in the UK? If not is there a way of getting an earlier slot with them?

- Knightbridge Doc appointment letter is asking to bring the paspports on the day of checkup but wouldnt embassy keep the passports after the interview? (If not how will i need to submit the passports at embassy after the medical)?

Cheers

Old Jul 9th 2018, 2:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. There is no alternative. You can call Knightsbridge and ask to be notified of any cancellations for an earlier slot.

2. Bring a photocopy of your passport and police report to the medical. Or, ask for your passport back at the interview... but then you'll have to send it in again after the medical. I'd call Knightsbridge and ask if a photocopy of your passport will be enough.

Rene
Old Jul 9th 2018, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Some people have been fortunate to book an appointment by calling each morning to see if they have had any cancellations for the weeks ahead. They have also called in late afternoons.
Old Jul 10th 2018, 11:05 am
Just Joined

lock2515 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview in London a month ago, it was scheduled for 10:30am. I arrived at 10am, family/marriage visas are apparently given priority, was told to skip past the large que at the entrance, straight up to the first floor.

Waited one minute for document checks, took about 5 minutes, then told to wait for another interview. I was only sat down for about 10mins before being called up again and that again only took 5mins, that was it, out the door by 10:25am.

Wouldnt worry about the medical being later, just means they wont approve it there and then, but will take your passport for the visa. Its a common occurance. I called Knightsbridge and got a cancellation as I work abroad and explained that I could only attend certain dates, they were very accommodating.

Good luck with everything!
Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:54 am
Just Joined

go2usa is an unknown quantity at this point

HI! I am an American woman with a British husband, we are trying to move to the USA.. We have been waiting 6 months so far for an interview.. When we look up his green card process online (CEAC website) it says "Ready"... But we've been waiting months for an appointment letter to arrive..I have to leave for the USA ( after living here nearly 5 years) as my British visa expires..

Is anyone else in the same situation?

Is London delayed because they moved address recently?

If you have received your Appointment letter, how did it arrive? We've been told that in arrives in the post?

thanks in advance for any help,
Go2usa
Old Jul 11th 2018, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Taffylola is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by go2usa
HI! I am an American woman with a British husband, we are trying to move to the USA.. We have been waiting 6 months so far for an interview.. When we look up his green card process online (CEAC website) it says "Ready"... But we've been waiting months for an appointment letter to arrive..I have to leave for the USA ( after living here nearly 5 years) as my British visa expires..

Is anyone else in the same situation?

Is London delayed because they moved address recently?

If you have received your Appointment letter, how did it arrive? We've been told that in arrives in the post?

thanks in advance for any help,
Go2usa
My experience is that the only way I got an interview was to complain by email form that I could not book one online. Then I had an email from someone who made me a special interview appointment to book online. It looks like unless you shout- you just wait ............so shout like me!!!

Last edited by Taffylola; Jul 11th 2018 at 9:29 pm. Reason: typo