Imigrant Photographs

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

paul6831h is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Imigrant Photographs

I am confused can anyone offer correct advice for the type of Photographs required, both for the 1-129f petion and also for the K1 interview. I have been to a photographer today who 's address was on the UK embassy web site. He took the photographs full face but looking on the site it said that they had to be 3/4 face. When I said to him about the 3/4 hesaid that he has only ever done a couple of the 3/4 shots and he has been taking the Visa photos for a number of years with no rejections.
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Imigrant Photographs

Originally posted by paul6831h
I am confused can anyone offer correct advice for the type of Photographs required, both for the 1-129f petion and also for the K1 interview. I have been to a photographer today who 's address was on the UK embassy web site. He took the photographs full face but looking on the site it said that they had to be 3/4 face. When I said to him about the 3/4 hesaid that he has only ever done a couple of the 3/4 shots and he has been taking the Visa photos for a number of years with no rejections.

Here is a link

http://www.oddstray.com/k1_visa/photos.html
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 7:42 pm
Lindsey

I originally sent in Full face ones to the UK Embassy. I realised my
mistake and took in some 3/4 ones to the interview but they didn't ever ask
for them.

You'll probably be OK with the ones you've got. Mine were also just photo
booth ones and they didn't question that either.

You could always get some more done to be on the safe side - you'll need
more photos further along in the process so they won't go to waste if you
don't need them now!

Lindsey

"paul6831h" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I am confused can anyone offer correct advice for the type of
    > Photographs required, both for the 1-129f petion and also for the K1
    > interview. I have been to a photographer today who 's address was on the
    > UK embassy web site. He took the photographs full face but looking on
    > the site it said that they had to be 3/4 face. When I said to him about
    > the 3/4 hesaid that he has only ever done a couple of the 3/4 shots and
    > he has been taking the Visa photos for a number of years with no
    > rejections.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 7:56 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

paul,

The requirement for photos for the I-129f petition is stated in the I-129f instructions. lpdiver gave you a link to a web page that gives the details.

The requirement for photos for a non-immigrant visa is here http://travel.state.gov/photorequirements.html

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks jeff, as Lindsey says I thinkI will get some more done as the others will be used further down the line,

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
paul,

The requirement for photos for the I-129f petition is stated in the I-129f instructions. lpdiver gave you a link to a web page that gives the details.

The requirement for photos for a non-immigrant visa is here http://travel.state.gov/photorequirements.html

Regards, JEff
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi,

Chris, a fellow teessider, also from the Boro had his pictures done at the local Boots photo Booth in the Cleveland Center. He did them himself and we guess they were ok, cause he's over here in the US

Anyway, it's nice to see someone from the same area.

Cheers

Kat and Chris (go Boro)
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi kat thanks for the reply, did Chris tke the photos in the 3/4 pose? I want to get these and take them out with me next week to start the K1 process, Where about in the Boro is Chris from?

regards
Paul

Originally posted by katnap8
Hi,

Chris, a fellow teessider, also from the Boro had his pictures done at the local Boots photo Booth in the Cleveland Center. He did them himself and we guess they were ok, cause he's over here in the US

Anyway, it's nice to see someone from the same area.

Cheers

Kat and Chris (go Boro)
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Hi kat thanks for the reply, did Chris tke the photos in the 3/4 pose? I want to get these and take them out with me next week to start the K1 process, Where about in the Boro is Chris from?

regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Chris did take the 3/4 pose. He sat there and tried to follow the specifications as best he could. I think he ended up doing it twice cause the first ones didn't come out right.

By the way, Chris is from the Linthorpe area, how about you?

and what part of the US will you be moving to? We're in the SF Bay Area.

Take care,

Kat and Chris
Old Oct 24th 2003, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Kat & Chris
Once again thanks for the reply, I will give the Photo booth in Boots a try today. I too are from the Linthorpe area, I lived on Ayresome Park Road opposite the East stand turnstiles, for 24 years from getting married until the break up of my marrage last year, and divorced in September this. I have since found a wonderful American they call her Phyllis to share the rest of my life with. The area that I will be moving to is Southern Texas, Coastal Bend area, Corpus Christi. I fly out for a visit next Friday.

Take care

Paul.

Originally posted by katnap8
Hi Paul,

Chris did take the 3/4 pose. He sat there and tried to follow the specifications as best he could. I think he ended up doing it twice cause the first ones didn't come out right.

By the way, Chris is from the Linthorpe area, how about you?

and what part of the US will you be moving to? We're in the SF Bay Area.

Take care,

Kat and Chris
Old Oct 24th 2003, 11:38 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kat & Chris
Once again thanks for the reply, I will give the Photo booth in Boots a try today. I too are from the Linthorpe area, I lived on Ayresome Park Road opposite the East stand turnstiles, for 24 years from getting married until the break up of my marrage last year, and divorced in September this. I have since found a wonderful American they call her Phyllis to share the rest of my life with. The area that I will be moving to is Southern Texas, Coastal Bend area, Corpus Christi. I fly out for a visit next Friday.

Take care

Paul.

Are the ADIT pictures the ones you need for the interview?, I dont need to worry about this now but I was just curious..
Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2003, 11:39 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kat & Chris

Take care

Paul.
Nice!!! Have fun with your fiancee
Old Oct 24th 2003, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi , the photos I was confused about were what we had to send off with the I-129f and it appears that they have to be the ADIT ones as I have already found out from another contact that the full face one is one which is placed in the passport with the visa at interview(if sucessful)

regards

Paul

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Are the ADIT pictures the ones you need for the interview?, I dont need to worry about this now but I was just curious..
Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:20 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Tweeky,

Answered already in this thread.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2003, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Kat & Chris

Take care

Paul.

Have fun in Texas with your fiance.

I hope you like the heat, because it's going to be so different from Middlesbrough. Chris is having a hard time adjusting to the weather here, especially in the summer. We're in California. Poor guy, he's upset cause there isn't a cloud in the sky over here at the moment and it was hailing in the Boro. That's one of the things he really misses...the cold,rain, wind, you get the picture. Hopefully, the weather will change for him soon.

All the best,

Kat and Chris