Wikiposts

If you won the lottery...

Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you won the lottery...

would you move from where you are now?

I defintely would, what about you?

And there is no harm in dreaming, is there?
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:55 am
mickj

Default Re: If you won the lottery...

Originally posted by babsi

I defintely would, what about you?

And there is no harm in dreaming, is there?

Hello there,

I guess it depends on where you are now. I will stay where i am now, quit my job, buy a skidoo for me and my wife, a motorhome with gps satellite and all the hi-tech you can think of, a yatch parked in halifax nova scotia, do my Phd just because i could afford it, and travel to all the countries i haven't been to yet.

One thing i would definitely do though, is something that i always enjoyed doing, and that i have done on my my travels, help charities. Cancer research, the red cross, UNICEF, and donate some money to help the homeless/ophans.

How much money can one person really want? I think its ridiculous that people have soo much money than they can ever spend, and remain selfish about it. No matter what you say about Bill Gates and Ted Turner that give billions to the WHO, i have so much respect for them.

my 2 pennies

Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:15 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by babsi

I would buy a house in the countryside (English countryside) with acres of land for all my horses to run around in. Lots of dogs and cats and have a wonderful life.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:53 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
I would buy a house in the countryside (English countryside) with acres of land for all my horses to run around in. Lots of dogs and cats and have a wonderful life.

I would pay for all my families homes. My friends would also benefit in some way. I would keep my house here in Australia as an investment and buy a house in Edinburgh, England and perhaps another one (not decided which country yet). I would get the convertable car Ive always dreamt of and buy hubby's his one too. I would set up my own business.

I would take my mum on a long holiday the choice would be hers. I would buy a property purely in my daughters name (if you can do that shes only 2 and a bit). I would also set up a trust fund for her and I would give a huge amount to the orphans who have suffered so much in this world. Possibly set up a home for them.

I would also go to Korea and buy as many animals as I could to stop the bastards from eating them. I know its only a short term solution but I would certainly fund a group like IKAPS to keep campaigning against this awful barbaric cruelty.
I could go on and on but will say thats it for now !!!

But I would still move back to the UK.