i485 question

Old Dec 10th 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default i485 question

The Jan 2015 visa bulletin just came out, and my priority date is now current (or whatever the technical term is)!

I already have the approved i140 and PERM stuff, so now they need to file the i485. We're using Fragomen, so I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing, but any idea how long it is likely to take? I did some research and keep getting different answers. Obviously I get that nobody knows for sure...but am I looking at another year? a few months? anyone had recent experience of this?

Last edited by pejpm1; Dec 10th 2014 at 7:36 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 8:00 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i485 question

Originally Posted by pejpm1 View Post
The Jan 2015 visa bulletin just came out, and my priority date is now current (or whatever the technical term is)!

I already have the approved i140 and PERM stuff, so now they need to file the i485. We're using Fragomen, so I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing, but any idea how long it is likely to take? I did some research and keep getting different answers. Obviously I get that nobody knows for sure...but am I looking at another year? a few months? anyone had recent experience of this?
The question is premature at this time. I'm assuming that the Fragomen people will file the adjustment application in early January. In due course, the case will be adjudicated. Once that happens, it will be quite easy to compute how long.

There is an internet acronym of YMMV ["your mileage may vary.] When I was a very young lawyer I had a client who petitioned for his identical twin daughters. Both petitions were identical, prepared by the same lawyer, filed at the same time. One took 21 days to be approved, the other nine months. Moral: processing time cannot be accurately predicted.

Fragomen has volume sufficient to tell you how long their cases have generally been taking. However, your case may very well be the case that takes longer [or even shorter]. Also, sometimes, an advance in the visa availability sometimes has the effect of drawing cases out of the woodwork which then causes a retrogression in numbers.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i485 question

ha, so I guess my research was right. Very much a question of 'how long is a piece of string'! oh well, at least I'm a lot closer than I was! About a year ago, EB3 was years out!