British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   I have to share this story.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/i-have-share-story-594815/)

sambapink Mar 1st 2009 6:56 pm

I have to share this story..

My best friend since I was 9 has been trying for a baby for 10 years. She has 'unexplained infertility' - nothing wrong with her or her OH.. seems they are just not compatible.. Anyway, 8 IVF treatments and 30,000 pounds later I get an email 8 months ago with nothing but a scan picture of her baby :wub:

She is more like a sister than a best friend - even when we haven't been in touch, when we come back together its like we've never been apart. We have been there for eachother when our parents died, when we got married, all the important life events..

Since moving here we have emailed back and forth, and the last email I got was about 2 months ago when she left work. Then I realised I didn't have her mobile or house telephone number.. I have been trying to find ways of contacting her. I was laying in bed last night and had this huge urge to call her - and spent the morning trying to hunt her down. I found her home number in a book in a pile of papers :thumbsup:

So I called her (both emotional) and she is due this Friday.. I was soo happy I called her before she had the baby. We exchanged numbers etc.. She has had a tough pregnancy and sadly her twin brother's wife has had 2 still births in the last year (one was full term) :( So she is understandably really nervous about the labour and delivery. So, we carry on chatting and all of a sudden she says "Laura, when do you know if your waters have broken" :eek:

They had broken right then while we were chatting.. I am an absolute giddy kipper.. Just wanted to share that, cos I am just so happy right about now :thumbsup: Please all send your positive thoughts in the direction of London :wub:

Kaffy Mintcake Mar 1st 2009 7:55 pm

Re: I have to share this story..

That's fantastic! I will be sending good vibes over the pond for your friend. I'm glad you were able to connect before the baby arrived. Does she know what she's having?

Toontje Mar 1st 2009 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 7335417)
Does she know what she's having?

Yeah.

A baby....

lisag8070 Mar 1st 2009 9:09 pm

Awww congratulations to your friend and congrats to you in being able to talk to her right before it happened..:thumbsup:

transatlantic karma being sent..:wub:

(side bet); I'm guessing a boy at 7lb 2 oz

Kaffy Mintcake Mar 1st 2009 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje (Post 7335501)
Yeah.

A baby....

Toon - surely you have a more clever remark? ;)

Toontje Mar 1st 2009 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 7335649)
Toon - surely you have a more clever remark? ;)

It's Sunday, I'm off work. This is as good as it gets today.

Kaffy Mintcake Mar 1st 2009 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje (Post 7335654)
It's Sunday, I'm off work. This is as good as it gets today.

My goodness that was fast - were you waiting for me to poke fun at you? :) Hope your day off goes well!

Toontje Mar 1st 2009 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 7335660)
My goodness that was fast - were you waiting for me to poke fun at you? :) Hope your day off goes well!

Just popped in at the right time, I guess.

lisa67 Mar 1st 2009 10:10 pm

aww...sending good vibes...keep us posted!! :)

sambapink Mar 1st 2009 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by lisag8070 (Post 7335619)
Awww congratulations to your friend and congrats to you in being able to talk to her right before it happened..:thumbsup:

transatlantic karma being sent..:wub:

(side bet); I'm guessing a boy at 7lb 2 oz

No news yet.. I think you'll be close there Lisa - She doesn't know the sex of the baby, but I'm guessing a boy - and they have said the baby is a long lean baby.. I'll let you know :)

Patrick Hasler Mar 1st 2009 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by sambapink (Post 7335275)
My best friend since I was 9 has been trying for a baby for 10 years. She has 'unexplained infertility' - nothing wrong with her or her OH.. seems they are just not compatible.. Anyway, 8 IVF treatments and 30,000 pounds later I get an email 8 months ago with nothing but a scan picture of her baby :wub:

She is more like a sister than a best friend - even when we haven't been in touch, when we come back together its like we've never been apart. We have been there for eachother when our parents died, when we got married, all the important life events..

Since moving here we have emailed back and forth, and the last email I got was about 2 months ago when she left work. Then I realised I didn't have her mobile or house telephone number.. I have been trying to find ways of contacting her. I was laying in bed last night and had this huge urge to call her - and spent the morning trying to hunt her down. I found her home number in a book in a pile of papers :thumbsup:

So I called her (both emotional) and she is due this Friday.. I was soo happy I called her before she had the baby. We exchanged numbers etc.. She has had a tough pregnancy and sadly her twin brother's wife has had 2 still births in the last year (one was full term) :( So she is understandably really nervous about the labour and delivery. So, we carry on chatting and all of a sudden she says "Laura, when do you know if your waters have broken" :eek:

They had broken right then while we were chatting.. I am an absolute giddy kipper.. Just wanted to share that, cos I am just so happy right about now :thumbsup: Please all send your positive thoughts in the direction of London :wub:

And I thought you were gonna share some goodies or naked pictures :)

sambapink Mar 1st 2009 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler (Post 7335776)
And I thought you were gonna share some goodies or naked pictures :)

Ermm... :confused:

Kaffy Mintcake Mar 1st 2009 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by sambapink (Post 7335783)
Ermm... :confused:

Just smile and nod Samba ... just smile and nod

indigoblue Mar 2nd 2009 12:49 am

Sambapink, your friend must be soo excited and scared witless all at the same time. Sending lots of good vibes and karma her way:wub:

sambapink Mar 2nd 2009 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 7335880)
Just smile and nod Samba ... just smile and nod

:rofl:

Originally Posted by indigoblue (Post 7335983)
Sambapink, your friend must be soo excited and scared witless all at the same time. Sending lots of good vibes and karma her way:wub:

Thanks very much x