British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   I got my visa!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/i-got-my-visa-woo-hoo-160448/)

Pimpbot Jun 19th 2003 2:32 pm

I got my visa!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!!

Can you tell that I am excited? lol

Just got back to Cambridge, having travelled back from London where I picked up a nice shiney K1 visa:D I was out of the embassy by 1pm and home by 2.30pm. Its been a long day that started at 4.30am. But its been more than worth the wait, hassle and stress. Never has such a moment, as being handed back your passport with a bit of paper in it, been so special.

I'll write up a report of the day once I come down from this high, but I'd like to thank Thing 2 for his detailed trip report, that helped me out no end today. My day was almost a mirror image of his, except for the thing dance;)

The one thing that was a little odd. I never had to hand over any of the financial support documents. The I-134 was enough. So I still have three years worth of tax returns and a years worth of bank statements from Tiff that were never looked at. The guy just said "You wont go hungry" lol.

cindyabs Jun 19th 2003 2:34 pm

Re: I got my visa!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!!

Originally posted by Pimpbot

Just got back to Cambridge, having travelled back from London where I picked up a nice shiney K1 visa:D I was out of the embassy by 1pm and home by 2.30pm. Its been a long day that started at 4.30am. But its been more than worth the wait, hassle and stress. Never has such a moment, as being handed back your passport with a bit of paper in it, been so special.

I'll write up a report of the day once I come down from this high, but I'd like to thank Thing 2 for his detailed trip report, that helped me out no end today. My day was almost a mirror image of his, except for the thing dance;)

The one thing that was a little odd. I never had to hand over any of the financial support documents. The I-134 was enough. So I still have three years worth of tax returns and a years worth of bank statements from Tiff that were never looked at. The guy just said "You wont go hungry" lol.

Congrats!!! Now BOOK that plane ticket, :)!

BeachBunny Jun 19th 2003 2:56 pm

Congrats! It's so wonderful to see so many people finally moving on to the best steps of being reunited with their love ones!

Khadija Jun 19th 2003 3:37 pm

Enjoy & welcome to the US!

robclews Jun 19th 2003 3:40 pm

Congratulations to you, good luck getting everything sorted out for your departure, now go and have a pint in the Golden Hind for me,

Rob

Dekka's Angel Jun 19th 2003 3:51 pm

Congratulations!

goya0002 Jun 19th 2003 4:26 pm

Originally posted by Pimpbot

Congrats!!!
Good luck rest of the way....I hope you are both very happy.

Rohit

RoB1833 Jun 19th 2003 5:06 pm

Congratulations!
Good to hear of another painless experience at London!

Noorah101 Jun 19th 2003 5:13 pm

contratulations!

Hearty Congratulations, and Welcome to Arizona!! You MUST learn the phrase "but it's a DRY heat!!" in case you haven't already! LOL

Best wishes to you both :-)
Rene

katnap8 Jun 19th 2003 6:22 pm

LOL, you must have had the same guy that Chris had,because he was told the same thing

Anyway, Congratulations on your new visa...and welcome to the states.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!!!

Kat

Tiff Jun 20th 2003 1:42 am

Re: contratulations!

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hearty Congratulations, and Welcome to Arizona!! You MUST learn the phrase "but it's a DRY heat!!" in case you haven't already! LOL

Best wishes to you both :-)
Rene
Rene he knows that phrase already as he tells it to me all the time when I whine about how hot it is LOL

Geez guess I should update my timeline *whoops*

thing2 Jun 20th 2003 3:06 am

Yayyyyy !!!!!! Fantastic News. Congrats to you !!!!

Originally posted by Pimpbot I'll write up a report of the day once I come down from this high, but I'd like to thank Thing 2 for his detailed trip report, that helped me out no end today. My day was almost a mirror image of his, except for the thing dance;)
:D Aw shucks. A pleasure. Glad to have helped out :D

dbark Jun 20th 2003 6:07 am

Congratulations Pimpbot and Tiff! :):)

And Rohit -- please share what happened at Sona's interview!?!

Debbie

Careybear Jun 20th 2003 11:35 pm

Congratulations Pimpbot.....have fun going home to Arizona.....:)

Careybear

JeffB Jun 21st 2003 1:19 am

Congrats! It feels great doesn't it? :)