Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I didn't like OZ so I'am a tosser?

I didn't like OZ so I'am a tosser?

Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
Me too HP Perhaps tosser stands for

T ravelled
O ver
S eas
S aw
E nough
R eturned

Susan
Brilliant.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

T ravelled
O ver
S eas
S aw
E nough
R eturned

Susan
That is indeed brilliant!

Now I can call my parents tossers!!!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wombat42
Oz is the best place in the world to live, if you don't like it you are
a tosser.
Well the second best according to the UN ,well ahead of the Uk, read this:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2001/07/i...10065319_1.htm
WombatBoy,

Now, let's see who wants to live in the country ranked #1 by the UN - Norway.

Any takers?

What, none?!

Jeez, wombatGnome - whadya think of that, eh?

Nobody wants to emigrate to the top country, so who gives a toss about the "second top" (thank you, ABC, for that grammatical error)

Guess what? People returning to UK have already been there and done that. And, on balance, they prefer the UK.

Still, you have one compensation...WBB is coming your way.

Now, wombat42, you should go back to what you're good at...

...being an endangered species...
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of

We shall all have retribution when all the name callers who are wanting to go to OZ are on here whinging to get home!
Can't wait!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 1:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MikeStanton
WombatBoy,

Now, let's see who wants to live in the country ranked #1 by the UN - Norway.

Any takers?

What, none?!

Jeez, wombatGnome - whadya think of that, eh?

Nobody wants to emigrate to the top country, so who gives a toss about the "second top" (thank you, ABC, for that grammatical error)
?? Did my name get mentioned ? Why ?

But as it was mentioned ...... 47,000 takers in 2003.

In 2003, the Norwegian authorities issued almost 47 000 new residence permits and work permits of varying duration and renewability, according to the type of permit.

How many persons were granted a permit that can entitle the holder to permanent residence in Norway?
• 1100 persons were granted work permits
• 10 500 were granted residence permits for purposes of family reunification
• 3550 were granted residence permits following an application for asylum
• 1600 persons arrived in Norway and were granted residence permits as resettlement refugees
• 100 were granted residence permits for other reasons

How many were granted a temporary permit?
• 24 500 were granted a permit in order to work in Norway
• 5500 were granted residence permits for educational purposes.

Norway Statistics

Old Jun 17th 2004, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
?? Did my name get mentioned ? Why ?
'Oh vanity, what is thy name?'

I was referring to the ABC - the broadcasting corporation, not you
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:03 am
wombat42

But, if returning to the UK makes me a tosser, then I'm a tosser and proud of it

It must have taken courage to admit what you really are.

Last edited by wombat42; Jun 17th 2004 at 7:07 am.

Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:16 am
ABCDiamond

'Oh vanity, what is thy name?'

I was referring to the ABC - the broadcasting corporation, not you
Not Vanity, and I cant imagine why you would think that.
It's just that's what everyone call me on here

What did you think of the Norway stats ?

Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

It only has a pop.of about 4m doesn't it (off the top of my head)?

How does 20,000 permanent resident visas for Norway compare against a country with a pop of 20m (say, Australia ). I have no idea how many PR visas are granted to Oz annually....anyone?

Anyway, I think what wombat's trying to say is that 4 billion people are tossers!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm happy to accept the UN's word about Norway, the stats were not required. But, that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

The point was that - and I'm going out on a limb here - in this forum most (all?) people do not see Norway as a place they are interested in emigrating to.

Norway's a nice country - if you're into trolls, forests, fish, fjords and fresh air. But, not exactly a very exciting country, is it? In fact, once you've enjoyed the outdoor life and clean air, it's all pretty dull.

A bit like one or two other countries I could name in the top 5....
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norway's a nice country - if you're into trolls, forests, fish, fjords and fresh air. But, not exactly a very exciting country, is it? In fact, once you've enjoyed the outdoor life and clean air, it's all pretty dull.
there's trolls all over, not just Norway.....
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point

T ravelled
O ver
S eas
S aw
E nough
R eturned

Susan
good one like it
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:47 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

T ried
O verseas
S ussed and
S elected
E urope
R edux
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wombat42
Oz is the best place in the world to live, if you don't like it you are
a tosser.
Well the second best according to the UN ,well ahead of the Uk, read this:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2001/07/i...10065319_1.htm
your a tosser for looking at what the un has to say rather than the real people of this world. Do you believe everything you read and you can certainly tell you have lived in aus for to long with an attitude like that. This was once a friendly chat room and still could be if it was not for the likes of some people. :PARTY:
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

I do wish we didn't have to get into these stupid slanging matches. Why should any of you be tossers simply because you came back from somewhere you didn't like. At least you've all tried and I admire you all. We have just got our visas and are on the way out. I'm under no illusion its going to be utopia (same shit - different bucket) but why not try somewhere else. Life is short and even if we only stay 6 months, two years or even ten years I bet when we get back, people are still doing the same thing they were when we left. Take Mike for example. After 12 years it must feel great to be back if you didn't like where you were. I say good on all of you for making the effort in the first place and not being afraid to come home. Theres no failure in coming back - well I don't think so.

Best of British to you all

Jo

Phew - glad I got that off my chest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.