British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   I didn't like OZ so I'am a tosser? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/i-didnt-like-oz-so-iam-tosser-236647/)

janeyray Jun 15th 2004 11:30 pm

I didn't like OZ so I'am a tosser?

It seems that many people moving out to OZ from the Uk feel that I'am a tosser. I can only assume it's because I came back to the UK?

Is it because they feel we didn't try to make a go of it?

Is it because sometimes I compare the UK to OZ? (only natural)

Is it because sometimes I have negative opinions about OZ? again, only natural when you have experienced both countries.

I know that we tried, and I'am not bothered what others think about me returning I'am so glad to be back and wouldn't want to be there, hope it works for any of you going out there (as I know some of you read the moving back forum) but maybe one day you'll be writing on this site?

Just don't like being called a tosser by people who don't even know me:( :mad:

Mercedes Jun 16th 2004 12:22 am

Re: I didn't like OZ so I'am a tosser?

Just don't like being called a tosser by people who don't even know me:( :mad: [/QUOTE]

So why let it bother you?

Tapalinga Jun 16th 2004 3:12 am

Pat on the back

Janeyray - give yourself a pat on the back, and the rest of us who left our comfort zone, got off our bums and travelled to the other side of the world to live in a different culture, with different climate and away from our family and friends. We gave it a go and we should be proud of ourselfs for doing so. Don't let anyone tell you different. So we are continuing on with our journey and it is taking us back to the UK, who knows where it will lead, we have done the hard bit, the rest is a piece of cake. what ever we do is OUR CHOICE. We are so glad that we came and tried it here, lets not all focus on the negative things, look to the future and live everyday with love.

Pants Jun 16th 2004 3:42 am

what a load of pooh !!!

Janeyray

Take no notice it really is alot of pooh !!! they talk out of their butts ok. They have not done it, have not felt it so what experience do they have..ohhhhhhh NONE.!! perhaps a holiday.

You are from from it..you are funny, kind, realistic etc etc etc....

THEY KNOW NOTHING ! ( said in bad french accent ) !!

Smile hunny

you are home......yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

big hugs and will email you the piccies we took in Sydney !!

Love P
x
I'm one too apparently.!!!!:D :)

MikeStanton Jun 16th 2004 5:07 am

It could be because we are negative about their precious destination.

But, I think it is simpler than that.

Some of the 'going to Oz' people see us as people who are saying "Well, it obviously wasn't that wonderful, was it? Cos we're back". People don't return to the UK on a whim. They know we have lived in both countries and weighed up the pros and cons. So, we emphasise the big, niggling doubt that is in their minds.

We are the people whose actions seriously question their hope of escaping to a better life. As a result some people really get aggressive, especially if they have invested a lot of emotional energy in it - ie those that are relying on life in a new country to really improve their lot. Imagine, for some people, hanging out for months/years to get a visa, only to see someone return to the UK, effectively saying 'Don't bother going, mate'.

Having said all that, the majority of 'going to Oz' people are far more reasonable - and probably just see our return as a reminder that living in Oz has its downsides. No more, no less.

But, if returning to the UK makes me a tosser, then I'm a tosser and proud of it :D :D

Just imagine the alternative...being stuck in Strylia :scared:

melaniee Jun 16th 2004 5:31 am

Oh Jane, Don't worry about it-we know that you are not and so do you so that is all that counts!

You are home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-enjoy it!

Originally posted by janeyray
It seems that many people moving out to OZ from the Uk feel that I'am a tosser. I can only assume it's because I came back to the UK?

Is it because they feel we didn't try to make a go of it?

Is it because sometimes I compare the UK to OZ? (only natural)

Is it because sometimes I have negative opinions about OZ? again, only natural when you have experienced both countries.

I know that we tried, and I'am not bothered what others think about me returning I'am so glad to be back and wouldn't want to be there, hope it works for any of you going out there (as I know some of you read the moving back forum) but maybe one day you'll be writing on this site?

Just don't like being called a tosser by people who don't even know me:( :mad:

dotty Jun 16th 2004 5:48 am

Originally posted by MikeStanton

Some of the 'going to Oz' people see us as people who are saying "Well, it obviously wasn't that wonderful, was it? Cos we're back". People don't return to the UK on a whim. They know we have lived in both countries and weighed up the pros and cons. So, we emphasise the big, niggling doubt that is in their minds.

We are the people whose actions seriously question their hope of escaping to a better life. As a result some people really get aggressive, especially if they have invested a lot of emotional energy in it - ie those that are relying on life in a new country to really improve their lot. Imagine, for some people, hanging out for months/years to get a visa, only to see someone return to the UK, effectively saying 'Don't bother going, mate'.

EXACTLY I could not have worded that better myself.

wombat42 Jun 16th 2004 5:54 am

Oz is the best place in the world to live, if you don't like it you are
a tosser.
Well the second best according to the UN ,well ahead of the Uk, read this:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2001/07/i...10065319_1.htm

dotty Jun 16th 2004 6:24 am

Originally posted by wombat42
a tosser.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Wow I so miss that informed Australian way of thinking......................

Did it win a medal:rolleyes:

Pants Jun 16th 2004 8:45 am

a tosser.

Yeah Yeah..whoopppeeee do

We don't care what the sodding UN votes ok !! Our reasons to return are ours alone.!!!

HiddenPaw Jun 16th 2004 8:55 am

a tosser.
Oh well, at least I'm a happy tosser :D

p.s.my quality of life and happiness are based on more than per capita income, public healthcare and life expectancy....how about you??

robertd Jun 16th 2004 9:20 am

Well done, you have been there done that, moving to Australia is the hardest thing i have done in my life, i started in business in 1992 in the lorst resession in living memoery, and that was easy compared to moving here. All those pepole that slate you for telling the truth, when they are here will email you and say sorry, as for the Australians that slate you they should give getting out there own country a go:scared:

paradigm Jun 16th 2004 12:26 pm

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I'm a happy tosser
Me too, tossing usually brings a smile to my face.

mr mover Jun 16th 2004 12:51 pm

Originally posted by robertd
Well done, you have been there done that, moving to Australia is the hardest thing i have done in my life, i started in business in 1992 in the lorst resession in living memoery, and that was easy compared to moving here. All those pepole that slate you for telling the truth, when they are here will email you and say sorry, as for the Australians that slate you they should give getting out there own country a go:scared:
WELL robbo .you,ve posted this 3 times , next time try it in ENGLISH

heading downunder 2002 Jun 16th 2004 3:09 pm

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Oh well, at least I'm a happy tosser :D

Me too HP Perhaps tosser stands for

T ravelled
O ver
S eas
S aw
E nough
R eturned

Susan:cool: :D