Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I am so Happy, but need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

I am so Happy, but need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 9th 2003, 7:12 am
Railway Of 2000

Default I am so Happy, but need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out that my K3 Visa is approved, I am so happy. Can someone tell
me what happen´s now?
How long will it take till I get the Interview and do I have to contact the
Consulate or will they contact me?
What do I have to bring, some good advise? Pictures e.c.t.?
Thank you for any help, Valerie

Old Jun 9th 2003, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Trinity is an unknown quantity at this point

What country are you in?
Old Jun 9th 2003, 8:00 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am so Happy, but need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valerie,

If you haven't had any contact with the consulate yet, and you haven't had an interview, then your K3 visa has not been approved. From the sound of your question you haven't even applied for a visa yet.

What has been approved is your husband's petition asking that you be declared eligible to apply for a visa. You will be sent a package of forms and instructions, commonly referred to as Packet #3, that will tell you what you must do to apply for your visa.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Railway Of 2000
I just found out that my K3 Visa is approved, I am so happy. Can someone tell
me what happen´s now?
How long will it take till I get the Interview and do I have to contact the
Consulate or will they contact me?
What do I have to bring, some good advise? Pictures e.c.t.?
Thank you for any help, Valerie
Old Jun 9th 2003, 7:37 pm
Railway Of 2000

When I checked ma status on line it said: this case is approved.
My husband recieved a copy of my Visa petition Form, it is valid from 6.2-10.2.
So, you mean I do not have the Visa yet?
Thanks for your help
Valerie

Old Jun 9th 2003, 7:38 pm
Railway Of 2000

I am in Germany!
Valerie

Old Jun 9th 2003, 10:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Railway Of 2000
When I checked ma status on line it said: this case is approved.
My husband recieved a copy of my Visa petition Form, it is valid from 6.2-10.2.
So, you mean I do not have the Visa yet?
Thanks for your help
Valerie
You have approval so far, and Congrats!! The next step should be receiving the packet from the Consulate for you to fill out and for your husband to send you (if he hasn't already) the 134. Then it's getting the medical and the interview date.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

What you read online is the approval for your petition to be eligible for a visa. The visa approval comes during the interview at the consulate.

So, no, you have not received an approval on the visa. Which still has a chance of being denied (although this doesn't happen often).
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:24 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Railway on getting this far.

The next step for you after you receive your packet is your medical & the interview. Its after the interview where you get your final approval & as each consulate deals with it differently it will depend on where you are filing as to what happens. I see on here that when dealing with London the medical & interview they both seem to be done on the same day & visa is also granted that day.
Here in NZ I had to have my medical done at least 3 weeks before the interview & the visa is not issued the day of the interview. They instead courier your passport with visa & the dreaded mysterious brown envelope back to you (aprox 3 days later).

Hang in there you are almost there,

Goodluck
Shepslady