I am proud to be an American!

Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:36 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am proud to be an American!

Originally Posted by Vladimir
I think HAPPY more correct.
Tobe proud you must have to do something for YOUR COUNTRY.
Theres always one that likes to try and piss on someones bonfire.....
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Theres always one that likes to try and piss on someones bonfire.....
What gets me, is that he joined BE just so he could rain on the parade. If he never posts again, I won't be upset.

Ian
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What gets me, is that he joined BE just so he could rain on the parade. If he never posts again, I won't be upset.

Ian
Thank God he never impaled anybody ...
You know what these Vlads are like ...
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abir007
Today is the day I will remember for a very long time … I became an American citizen!

The appointment was for 12:30pm and my wife reached Lexington court house around 11:45am. After going through the security, we were seated in the Juror selection room. It turns out the actual ceremony was not until 1:30pm … So, we had plenty of time spare.

Around 12:30pm couple of USCIS officials started checking everyone in and my wife stepped outside waiting ... We all got numbers assigned and sat in numerical order – I was about in the middle. USCIS officials briefly went over the whole process with us and informed at the end of the ceremony we will be receiving our Certificate of Naturalization. Oddly enough, he also mentioned that we SHOULD NOT send original certificate when we apply for passport. Apparently certified copies are good enough for passport application. This is contradictory to what I’ve read online. Moreover, once I got the certificate, it also says we are NOT to copy this certificate?? Strange!!!

Anyway, returning to the story … Around 1:15pm we were asked to go to the second floor and gather around in front of the court room. When we went upstairs, they called the numbers we were assigned chronologically and we entered the court room. When I saw the inside, I remembered how Ian (ian-mstm) explained how beautiful it was – I can certify 100% they way he described it. We all sat down, received a booklet about the ceremony. A little statistics about the 1:30pm Oath Ceremony session:
  • Total Applications: 50
  • Applicants attended: 49
  • Applicant missing: 1
  • Countries represented: 22 – including UK, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, China, Russia, Bosnia, Cameron, Mexico ... etc
At exactly 1:30pm, Judge Jennifer B. Coffman (Ian, I believe she also conducted your Oath ceremony) entered the room, we all stood up, and court was in session. US Attorney presented 3 motions - for naturalization on behalf of the 49 applicants; Name Change on behalf of the 7 applicants ; and continuance on behalf of the 1 missing application. We were asked to stand to take the Oath of Allegiance. The court clerk read the oath and as it ended, we all said "I do". Afterwards we turned towards the flag, and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. The judge congratulated us, came forward and handed us our certificate one at a time just like a graduation ceremony. We went back to our seats. The judge then asked a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution to come forward and address the "new citizens.” Similarly someone from Women Vote organization came forward and went over the importance of voting and informed us we can register to vote after the ceremony right outside the court room. After this the judge told us a story about her friend who’s family emigrated from Poland during WWII when he was a baby. He went to school in the US, worked very hard, eventually naturalized and now a Federal Judge in Maine. The judge then recited a beautiful poem written by George M. - a naturalized citizen - "You who have been born in America, I wish I could make you understand what it is like not to be an American -- not to have been an American all your life -- and then suddenly with the words of a judge in flowing robes to be one, for that moment and forever after. One moment, you belong with your fathers to a million dead yesterdays -- the next you belong with America to a million unborn tomorrows." With that reading, the judge completed the ceremony. Afterwards, many of us lined up with our family/friends to take pic with the judge … Judge Coffman let everyone take as many photos as they wanted. My wife and I also took a pic with judge.

As soon as we walked out the court room, I registered to vote … It was very convenient. We took few pics inside/outside the court house and headed towards the Social Security office to change status.

I still cannot believe it is finally over and I am now an American! Thank you for all the help and support. This group has been Absolutely invaluable!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:09 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations....