I 94 form

Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

matt15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I 94 form

do people entering the states with a b1/b2 visa have to fill out a i-94 form still or is it all done electronically now??
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I 94 form

Originally Posted by matt15
do people entering the states with a b1/b2 visa have to fill out a i-94 form still or is it all done electronically now??
It is being rolled out here in the US to the electronic format. However you will know if you need to fill one in once you are on the plane. If the flight is into an airport that is participating in the electronic scheme you will not be presented an i-94 by the trolley dolly, if you are however handed one then you should fill it in as it is likely the airport you are flying into has not at this time moved off of the paper format onto the electronic.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

All the info you need is in this recent thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798347
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

I have checked out the schedule, and it appears that the electronic format should now have been rolled out to all US airports. So it is very unlikely that you will receive an i-94 to fill out prior to entry.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

matt15 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks for clearing that up,flying into boston by the way
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Some airlines do not seem to be aware of the change and are still giving the form.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jxv73
Some airlines do not seem to be aware of the change and are still giving the form.
that is true, i remember when esta was first introduced and yet still airlines would pass out the old forms even though they were not needed.

Having said that, I would always fill it out on the off chance there was a reason for it. Only takes a few minutes and still hand it over. They can either hand it back for you to bin it or you can bin it yourself if it is not required. No biggy.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

airbusfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by matt15
ok thanks for clearing that up,flying into boston by the way
No I-94 forms in Boston. Flew in last week.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

JetRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew in to Miami on Tuesday, surprised not to be given an I94. Asked the crew and they said that they hadn't given any out for a week or so and this was the case.
I asked the (unusually very friendly) CBP officer at the PoE all about it and he said that it has made their job so much easier, they are happier, far less work load, they can process entrants far quicker, and he explained how the computer systems work regarding the change!
All positive as far as I can see....