I-94 Expiring?

Old Aug 4th 2002, 7:20 am
Deenig2

Default I-94 Expiring?

Experts :

my H4 visa is expiring on Sep302002, My I-94 date also has same date on it. My
spouse's H1b transfer is in progress.. The lawyer will filing the extension to H4 by
next week(?).

What does that mean?
- Do I need to go out of country. or I can stay legally aslng as my
extension has been filied.
- OR will I have to leave contyr and come back after the new H4
paper come in.

I have found from newsgroups that H4/H1B transfers take 4 months now.

Pleease suggest the options and implications. I don not want to be out of status.

Deenig

Old Aug 4th 2002, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: I-94 Expiring?

Experts :

my H4 visa is expiring on Sep302002, My I-94 date also has same date on it. My
spouse's H1b transfer is in progress..
1. When lawyer file your Spoue H1B Transfer he should file your H4 Extension in the SAME envelope , that way you will get the New Extension with your Husband and new I-94

2.IF NOT filled with H1B transfer then it takes time

The lawyer will filing the extension to H4 by
next week(?).

What does that mean?
- Do I need to go out of country. or I can stay legally aslng as my
extension has been filied.
3. You DO NOT need to go out of country if your H4 extension has been filed before your H4 Expires or I-94 expires

- OR will I have to leave contyr and come back after the new H4
paper come in.
4.When your H4 extension and your spoue H1B is Transfered /approved and your H4 is also extended you can REVALIDE your Visa in your Passport in US throgh DEPARTMENT

I have found from newsgroups that H4/H1B transfers take 4 months now.

5. Depends on Sevice centre where you are applying but when you apply you will have Reciept of your Filing after 15-20 days and that is Enough for you for 240 days after filing to be legally in US

Pleease suggest the options and implications. I don not want to be out of status.
6 You do not go out of Status if you file before your H4 is expiring and your Huband is maintaining H1b Status