I-93 waiver

Old Jan 26th 2008, 1:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-93 waiver

Anybody hear of an I-93 waiver issued at the POE

maybe a I-193
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-93 waiver

Originally Posted by Ray
maybe a I-193
This sounds right!

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This sounds right!

Ian
Still in use or long gone ..
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Still in use or long gone ..
Hi:

Still in use. I've seen it used in situations where alien has the wrong visa for what they want to do, but they are otherwise admissible. For example, I handled a case once where husband had had a "I" visa and his spouse had the concomitant spousal "I" visa. She traveled a lot. The last time she used it, she was asked if her husband still worked for the newspaper and she freely disclosed that he still did and proudly mentioned he had been promoted to a senior editorial position back in the home country. Tilt. She was admitted as a "B-2" with the I-193.

I note that the fee is really kind of steep now.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 2:50 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Still in use. I've seen it used in situations where alien has the wrong visa for what they want to do, but they are otherwise admissible. For example, I handled a case once where husband had had a "I" visa and his spouse had the concomitant spousal "I" visa. She traveled a lot. The last time she used it, she was asked if her husband still worked for the newspaper and she freely disclosed that he still did and proudly mentioned he had been promoted to a senior editorial position back in the home country. Tilt. She was admitted as a "B-2" with the I-193.

I note that the fee is really kind of steep now.
That seems to fit ...what I heard ..
$545 is not small change

Thanks Mr F
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

scatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud ofscatty has much to be proud of

I 193 Very seldom granted and discretionary
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:26 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
That seems to fit ...what I heard ..
$545 is not small change

Thanks Mr F
They are used to waive a passport, visa, or green card requirement. Why would you need one?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:29 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by crg14624
They are used to waive a passport, visa, or green card requirement. Why would you need one?

Somebody got one ..I had never heard of it previously
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

I gave an example of a person who landed with the wrong visa but was otherwise clearly admissible. Also, lets say the visa was prima facie valid but had been invalidated as a matter of law because the person had overstayed by one day on a previous stay for reasons beyond their control. Things like that.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

They seem to be the latest fad with a few members of the E2 crowd. Because of the delays and claimed arbitrary nature of London, one route is to take a B2 visa and then adjust to E2 status whilst here. This seems to work but you still have to go back to London at some time to sort out the visa. So what if you need to leave but don't want to face London? The answer -- it is claimed -- is an I-193! Personally, I think they're probably playing with fire.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They seem to be the latest fad with a few members of the E2 crowd. Because of the delays and claimed arbitrary nature of London, one route is to take a B2 visa and then adjust to E2 status whilst here. This seems to work but you still have to go back to London at some time to sort out the visa. So what if you need to leave but don't want to face London? The answer -- it is claimed -- is an I-193! Personally, I think they're probably playing with fire.
Can't you go to Bermuda. Or Barbados, somewhere with a B?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:33 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Can't you go to Bermuda. Or Barbados, somewhere with a B?
That's the latest fad for the renewal. These folks haven't even got their initial visa, yet.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:05 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I-193 are supposed to be for unforseen circumstances or emergencies. I agree that counting on one being approved is a bad idea. Someone knowingly seeking admission with the wrong visa type for their intended purpose could end up with a Expedited Removal order and 5 yr bar.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:40 am
Septicity

I-193 are supposed to be for unforseen circumstances or emergencies. I agree that counting on one being approved is a bad idea. Someone knowingly seeking admission with the wrong visa type for their intended purpose could end up with a Expedited Removal order and 5 yr bar.
Read someone posting tonight on another forum. They'd gone back to get the visa from the consulate after trying the B2 -> E2 trick -- and been handed a ban for misrepresentation at the same time.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Read someone posting tonight on another forum. They'd gone back to get the visa from the consulate after trying the B2 -> E2 trick -- and been handed a ban for misrepresentation at the same time.
I remember reading something similar, but a long time back.

Something on the lines of that they told the Consulate they wanted a B2 for some other reason, came over and filed for E2 within a few days of arrival, something they had 'forgot' to mention to the Consulate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.