British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   I-90 Part3 advice needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/i-90-part3-advice-needed-944858/)

OldJuddian Jul 24th 2022 3:24 am

I-90 Part3 advice needed

Although I became a citizen my wife stayed an LPR to avoid losing her nationality (not British), so now needs to renew the Green Card via the I-90. that form looks easy and I could not find many threads on it, but two questions have me confused.

Part 3. Processing Information
1. Location where you applied for ... AoS

I don't know where the I-485 was filed by my previous company. I was in San Diego at the time. I do have a PDF for the I-485 but it is encrypted and the password is in the previous companies email, so I cannot open it.
I do have a draft I-140 which was addressed to:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Dallas Lockbox
2501 S. State Hwy 121 Business, Ste 400, Lewisville, TX 75067

So is the answer to #1 'Dallas Lockbox'?

2. Location ... where you were granted AoS
Looking at the I-797 for the I485, it says 'Nebraska Service Center' at the bottom - so do I put that for #2.

Noorah101 Jul 24th 2022 5:07 am

Re: I-90 Part3 advice needed

Honestly I don't think it will matter, as long as you give the information to the best of your knowledge. USCIS can see all the details themselves when they look up her file.

Rene

OldJuddian Jul 24th 2022 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 13130655)
Honestly I don't think it will matter, as long as you give the information to the best of your knowledge. USCIS can see all the details themselves when they look up her file.
Rene

Thanks Rene.

S Folinsky Jul 24th 2022 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 13130655)

Rene

:goodpost:

Many times a question may be ambiguous or unclear. Of course, this causes anxiety in figuring out the correct way to answer. But quite often the information requested is not even necessary for adjudication by the minions of the dark forces in a particular application. The law on “ material misrepresentation” hammers knowing lies which can be misleading to the authorities. Giving what appears to a justifiable answer is OK - it is not material.

Curiously, the regulations require only that the application be on the correct form, signed and proper fee paid. That said, USCIS reaction to blank answers which are not necessary is wrong.

OldJuddian Aug 5th 2022 11:22 pm

The online application was used last weekend, USCIS ack'd receipt on August 1st, then closed the case today Aug 5th saying that the new Green Card had been produced.

I was expecting biometrics + 6-9 month wait. but it was all completed in just one week. Very painless apart from the $500 fee