I-829 Approved!

Old Oct 1st 2013, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-829 Approved!

Originally Posted by eb5s
What about receipt of petition notice? When did you receive your receipt of petition notice after you sent out the petition?
Why don't you just ask all you questions at once, instead of one at a time? Then you'll get all the answers at once, instead of one at a time!

Ian
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you again. What about receipt of petition notice? When did you receive your receipt of petition notice after you sent out the petition?
Within three days.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

eb5s is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John_K.
Within three days.
Thank you very much.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Fixuis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why don't you just ask all you questions at once, instead of one at a time? Then you'll get all the answers at once, instead of one at a time!

Ian
Have you ever considered that the questions are coming to him as he is discovering the process and that nobody has all the questions and answers right away? Other members are also taking part in the discussion so obviously its of use. If you cant contribute anything meaningful to the thread or don't like its progress then don't read it? As your nick title suggests, you can't help it..but maybe try not to be a sanctimonious prick all the time? Cheers.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

dm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fixuis
Have you ever considered that the questions are coming to him as he is discovering the process and that nobody has all the questions and answers right away? Other members are also taking part in the discussion so obviously its of use. If you cant contribute anything meaningful to the thread or don't like its progress then don't read it? As your nick title suggests, you can't help it..but maybe try not to be a sanctimonious prick all the time? Cheers.
+1

To make my position clear: I'm learning a lot with the questions being posted here, and the fact that perhaps they don't make the best possible use of "web real estate" by being asked (and replied to) separately instead of all together is just a minor inconvenience. Please keep them coming, eb5s and John_K! :-)

Last edited by dm2b; Oct 3rd 2013 at 3:17 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

dm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nice

Hi John,

Hi Jalsami,
We have invested in Phase II which has been fully completed. We have received our first annual return for the year 2012 and a quarterly payment for 2013. This was below the return mentioned by you but lower returns were planned for the early years of operation. We will have to wait and see.
So I understand that the returns you have received so far were below 4%/year; Could you please be more precise? If not (ie, signed NDA, etc), could you tell us whether they were at least above 2.5%/year (average yearly inflation, ie, at least the investment is keeping its actual value)?

An exit strategy has been defined but without a specific timeframe. Personally I am not counting on an exit earlier than 5 years from now. In this business you will need a longer period of operations and returns in order to make an exit financially interesting for all parties. If the annual yield is OK I might even consider staying for the long term.
Good info on Jay Peak exit strategy, and one I did not have before. Thanks for posting it; I wonder whether this is a common characteristic of "partnership"-like projects.

Any investor in a real business will have their money at risk and my advice is that you should account for the possibility that part or all will be lost. The joint investors will obviously try to do all they can to avoid that but there are legal and practical limitations to really influence the business. Therefore, you are in essence dependent on the integrity and quality of the management.
Very good observation and advice.

As regards green cards, I am not aware of a regional center with better results. So far Jay Peak seems to have a spotless track record.
I beg to differ. I'm still a rookie in matters EB5, but in my googling I have turned up the PIDC (aka CanAm) track record, and they report 100% I-829 approvals for most projects that have crossed the 2-year timeline. Also, they report 100% repayment of principal for all (or nearly all) projects that have crossed the 5 years timeline.

I understand that their projects are all "loan-based" and so are much less risky (at least if the proper loan guarantees have been secured), but also provide very little return (in the range of 0.5-0.67%, according to this post from 2010). Low return could be considered by many an acceptable compromise for a more certain repayment of principal....

I have searched this forum for posts from folks that have invested in PIDC/CanAm projects but found none, but found many from folks that have invested in Jay Peak/Vermont; I also have searched for a published track record for Jay Peak/Vermont, but could not find it. So, I wonder why people seem to like Jay Peak/Vermont so much better than PIDC/CanAm...

Not trying to be a smart alec, nor do I have any relation to PIDC/CanAm... just trying to understand things so I can make the best informed decision possible.

Thanks!
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dm2b,

I understand your request for getting as much information as possible but I do not wish to disclose more financial details about a private partnership.

Hopefully the info provided so far has been helpful and I wish you success with your further decision making process.

John
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi John,

Hi Dm2b,
I understand your request for getting as much information as possible but I do not wish to disclose more financial details about a private partnership.

Hopefully the info provided so far has been helpful and I wish you success with your further decision making process.
I undestand your reluctance (in your place I would probably be reluctant too, after all this is a public forum), and thank you for all the great info you have already provided, it has been quite helpful.

Again, congratulations on your I-829 and good luck in the US! Hopefully I will be following in your steps in the next few months.

Last edited by dm2b; Oct 3rd 2013 at 10:46 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Oct 31st 2013, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Very happy! I-829 approved in 2 months! Below the full timeline. Received the decision and the green cards in the mail today!

Invested in Jay Peak Phase II in 01/2010, applied for I-526 in 2/2010, I-526 approved in 6/2010, Embassy interview 12/2010, moved to US 3/2011, applied for I-829 3/1/2013, I-829 approved on 6/3/2013
Hello! Did you have your passport stamped I-551? I would like to know whether it is possible to get the stamp after the I-829 is filed but the green card is still valid. Thank you.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have your passport stamped I-551? I would like to know whether it is possible to get the stamp after the I-829 is filed but the green card is still valid.
The I-551 is the green card... you know that, right? They're the same thing. A green card is a green card... whether it's conditional or not.

Ian
Old Nov 1st 2013, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Hello! Did you have your passport stamped I-551? I would like to know whether it is possible to get the stamp after the I-829 is filed but the green card is still valid. Thank you.
I am not sure why you would want this stamp. Our passports were stamped when we first arrived to the US. This stamp was in our case valid for two years. A few weeks later received the conditional green cards also valid for two years.

I had my passport renewed in the meantime and therefore had no longer a stamp in my passport and I use only the green card to enter the country.

I do not know what happens after the two year period expires and the I-829 has not yet been approved. I assume that you can still use the temporary green card until such moment that a decision has been made on the removal of the conditions. Somebody else on the forum surely will know.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

I am not sure why you would want this stamp. Our passports were stamped when we first arrived to the US. This stamp was in our case valid for two years. A few weeks later received the conditional green cards also valid for two years.

I had my passport renewed in the meantime and therefore had no longer a stamp in my passport and I use only the green card to enter the country.

I do not know what happens after the two year period expires and the I-829 has not yet been approved. I assume that you can still use the temporary green card until such moment that a decision has been made on the removal of the conditions. Somebody else on the forum surely will know.
Thank you for your reply. I understand.