I 751 Approved!!!!!

Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:00 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default I 751 Approved!!!!!

Hi everyone.

My husbands removal of conditions was finally approved after nearly 9 months! My lawyer sent me a copy of his approval notice today. No particular reason for the timeline. We have not gotten a notice or his greencard yet. I was getting a bit concerned but he said that several of his and his colleagues clients have taken more than 8 months at Vermont for no particular reason . His status is still pending on the USCIS website so that shows how accurate it is. The NOA was dated Feb 9th. Biometrics were done March 18th. It was approved on October 31st. He also signed up for email and text updates and never received anything.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Scot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I 751 Approved!!!!!

Congratulations!

How quickly did they cash your check after you submitted your application? I sent mine in last week and it hasn't been cashed yet.

I need the ability to travel internationally within the next five weeks or so (cutting it close I know) so am just looking for any sign my case is moving. I know the package was delivered as it was signed for. But until they send me something with a case number I have no way to track it or get an infopass appointment
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:19 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

The check was cashed 3 or 4 days after our application was submitted.
We received his extension letter a few days later.

Thanks by the way!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

To Scot, remember that "YMMV" It is normal to try to divine how long a process will take. However, it is hard to ascertain from other applications how long your application will take.

I'm not going to repeat the details of one my first cases other than to say that two identical I-130's were filed -- one took 21 days, the other 9 months.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:45 pm

I agree with Mr F. The approval times really seem to vary. My attorney did put in a service request when it reached seven months but there was no problem. I guess it all depends who is handling your case.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Congrats to you and Mr Penguinbar!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by welshgirl1 View Post
Congrats to you and Mr Penguinbar!
Thanks! Hope yours comes through soon!
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Thanks - me too!
Old Nov 13th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

WVDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by penguinbar View Post
Hi everyone.

My husbands removal of conditions was finally approved after nearly 9 months! My lawyer sent me a copy of his approval notice today. No particular reason for the timeline. We have not gotten a notice or his greencard yet. I was getting a bit concerned but he said that several of his and his colleagues clients have taken more than 8 months at Vermont for no particular reason . His status is still pending on the USCIS website so that shows how accurate it is. The NOA was dated Feb 9th. Biometrics were done March 18th. It was approved on October 31st. He also signed up for email and text updates and never received anything.
Did you have to go for a interview at all, or was it a simple send it in and wait process?

I have just completed my AOS and was curious if you need to send in all the evidence that you had to with that when you remove the conditions given that you are still married of course.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:02 pm

Hi. No interview. There doesn't seem to be too many I 751 interviews unless it's a waiver or they suspect fraud. Some interviews are for quality control. We barely sent anything in for our AOS. We had no interview then either. They did lose my husbands medical for his AOS and we got an RFE for that.Instead of fighting City Hall we just got another medical and he was approved. Our AOS was a little undewr 5 months I think.
We just sent in tax transcripts, copies of photos, a few cards, joint lease, joint credit card, joint bank statements and joint utility and cable bills, About 4 per year. We did use an attorney . Our case was straightforward but I had alot going on and just wanted someone else to handle it.

My husband received his new card yesterday.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:59 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute