Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-693 Medical Supplement for K-1 AOS

Wikiposts

I-693 Medical Supplement for K-1 AOS

Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:22 am
Just Joined

havoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-693 Medical Supplement for K-1 AOS

Hello Everyone,

I have read a few threads on this subject but I am still unsure and would like to hear from anyone who as gone through this process.

I had my K-1 medical with the Knightbridge Doctor in London and received a copy of my vaccination worksheet (DS-3025) and my chest x-ray. I received the required vaccinations where appropirate except for the varicella shot (Chicken Pots) as this is not given in the UK. I have noticed on my DS-3025 that its marked as vaccine history incomplete which I assume is regarding the varicella shot as all others are marked complete or not age appropriate. My DS-3025 is also marked applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccination is not medically appropriate.

I have contacted a civil surgeon in the U.S about completing the I-693 supplement but he informs me that he cannot complete the suppliment without first giving me a medical. After explaining I had already had one and just needed the supplement he said he could still not do this based on another doctors records. I was told I needed two appointments and that the supplement would cost $50 and the medical $175. I would also require a test for TB which is $22 plus a blood test for Syphillis $20. He said that the Lab they send the samples to may also charge me and that I would have to take that up with them.

Would I be better off to just send a copy of my DS-3025 when applying for AOS or do I have to send the suppliment?

Many thanks in advance
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 Medical Supplement for K-1 AOS

Originally Posted by havoc
Hello Everyone,

I have read a few threads on this subject but I am still unsure and would like to hear from anyone who as gone through this process.

I had my K-1 medical with the Knightbridge Doctor in London and received a copy of my vaccination worksheet (DS-3025) and my chest x-ray. I received the required vaccinations where appropirate except for the varicella shot (Chicken Pots) as this is not given in the UK. I have noticed on my DS-3025 that its marked as vaccine history incomplete which I assume is regarding the varicella shot as all others are marked complete or not age appropriate. My DS-3025 is also marked applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccination is not medically appropriate.

I have contacted a civil surgeon in the U.S about completing the I-693 supplement but he informs me that he cannot complete the suppliment without first giving me a medical. After explaining I had already had one and just needed the supplement he said he could still not do this based on another doctors records. I was told I needed two appointments and that the supplement would cost $50 and the medical $175. I would also require a test for TB which is $22 plus a blood test for Syphillis $20. He said that the Lab they send the samples to may also charge me and that I would have to take that up with them.

Would I be better off to just send a copy of my DS-3025 when applying for AOS or do I have to send the suppliment?

Many thanks in advance
Observation: The ethos of this forum encourages research before posting a question. You describe your research, but there are "stickies" at the top of the marriage-based forum. You just might want to take a look.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:37 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

h,

So is the varicella marked as medically inappropriate or not? If not, then my thought is that you are going to need a completed vaccination report, i.e. the appropriate section of the I-693, with something filled in for the varicella vaccination.

A CIS case officer cannot give a waiver without being told by a Panel Physician or a Civil Surgeon that missing vaccinations are medically inappropriate and so can be waived.

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

DiCo is an unknown quantity at this point

My DS-3025 was also marked vaccine history incomplete but did not require any more vaccines due to my age.

I don't recommend sending only the DS-3025, I did this back in November and ended up getting 2 requests for evidence.

You should be able to just get the vacination record transcribed, however this did not work for me either and they requested a full medical report (I-693), I also had to get the TB test because of this.

You're best option is to call a few USCIS civil surgeons, I found one that did the whole medical report for only $120 located in the metro DC area. There were no additional charges.

Basically, from my personal experience the best bet is to get a new medical done if you can find it cheaply. Otherwise there may be the slight possibility that you will also get a request for evidence and delay your file being processed by a few months.

Good luck.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:00 am
Just Joined

havoc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your replies.

(Jefferyhy)
The varicella is marked not routinely available.
On the bottom of my DS-3025 its marked applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccination is not medically appropriate.

(DiCo)
Do you mind if I ask what additional evidence was requested from you, assuming it was regarding the medical?

If I was to receive a RFE regarding my medical would this mean I would need to take a full medical with a US civil surgeon and submit form I-693?

By the way I will be living in Ithaca NY should anyone know of a good civil surgeon.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:10 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

h,

The varicella vaccine is routinely available in the USA, I understand.

Also you've left something out of your quote from the DS-3025 - what the item you reference says in full is, "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate (as indicated above)." The emphasis is mine, and your DS-3025 does not 'indicate above' that the varicella vaccination is not medically appropriate for you. I believe that you will need to see a Civil Surgeon who will either give you the varicella vaccination or indicate on an I-693 that it is not medically appropriate for you.

I can understand why a Civil Surgeon might want to make their own examination of you before deciding for themselves whether or not any particular vaccination is appropriate for you, especially when another doctor who has examined you has not given any indication.

Regards, JEff

The varicella is marked not routinely available.
On the bottom of my DS-3025 its marked applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccination is not medically appropriate.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Apr 6th 2010 at 7:15 am.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:12 am
Just Joined

DiCo is an unknown quantity at this point

I first sent off the DS-3025 with the AOS package.

I recieved an RFE for a medical report and vaccination record but did not agree that I needed a full medical as I had just had one in london a few months earlier. According to USCIS legislation I didn't need to get another one because it was within the one year time limit allocated.

I replied to the first RFE with the vaccination record transcribed but not the full medical.

I then got another RFE stating that I MUST submit the FULL report or they would deny my application.

I replied to this RFE with the full medical report as requested. After this, everything starting moving pretty quickly, my EAD was ordered within a couple of weeks and then my conditional green card was approved just over a month later.

I probably could have saved 2 months in processing time if I had just submitted the full medical report originally. So in my view, i would have your civil surgeon fill out the whole medical report (I-693). But remember they do not test for AIDS now, my doctor was unaware of this but that should save you a litle money. Just have your doctor write 'no longer applicable' or something along those lines.