I-693

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

raceman is on a distinguished road
Default I-693

Hi all again,

Has anyone else had an issue finding a "civil surgeon" willing to simply complete the vacinations part of the I-693, as I had the medical in London in January, the instructions tell me i don't need another one, but i do need a "civil surgeon" to sign off a 693.

this is proving impossible at the momment.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693

Originally Posted by raceman
Hi all again,

Has anyone else had an issue finding a "civil surgeon" willing to simply complete the vacinations part of the I-693, as I had the medical in London in January, the instructions tell me i don't need another one, but i do need a "civil surgeon" to sign off a 693.

Yes, it's a common problem. When my fiance did his, we had to call about 5 different civil surgeons. All of them said he needed a full medical exam, which I knew wasn't true. I went ahead and made an appointment with the one that had the soonest appointment time. When we got there in person, I explained in person, to the doctor directly, what we needed done. He still didn't get it, and I had to explain it like 3 times. Finally he said Ohhhh, you just need me to sign this page saying he's done his vaccinations? I said yes. He said OK. Got it signed, paid a fee, and walked out with it in-hand (in a sealed envelope).

I'd just make the appointment, go in person and be persuasive.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all again,

No need to put civil surgeon in quotes...that is what they are called. Make sure you're using a USCIS authorized civil surgeon listed at www.uscis.gov.

They still won't know what to do (LOL), but just make sure you're using an approved one.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Rene, that was pretty much the appproach I was about to take. I assume that the full medical fee won't be charged in your experience?

I have found the list of approved civil surgeons, worked down it till i got to a journey of 100 miles, that's when i suspected this might be a common problem.

Civil sugeon is not a term that I, my fiancee or any of her family have ever heard of, hence the quotations, apologies.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:33 pm

Thank you Rene, that was pretty much the appproach I was about to take. I assume that the full medical fee won't be charged in your experience?
Each doctor sets his own fee for these things. But in general, the fee for just doing the vaccination part should not be anywhere as high as the fee for the full medical. Here in Phoenix, in 2004, I think we paid around $100, which is high, but we just wanted to get it done. I've seen reports by others on here, in different places, that got it done for around $25. So figure something in between $25 to $100 for this.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't used the forum's Search feature, have you. There are many threads in which this problem has been discussed.

Regards, JEff

Hi all again,

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thank Rene, that is about what i had come up with. They are charging $175 for the full medical, but will take the instructions and the actual 693 form with me, and explain the situation when i get there.

There is no real record of my medical in my possesion, except the immunization requirement list (which i dealt with in London) i assume that will suffice as "evidence" of my previous medical.

No Jeff i didn't 1000 apologies for seeking a quick answer
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

As supplimental question, the form asks for dates of all the shots taken. Good idea to be helpful and fill that in for the doctor beforehand?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:23 pm

There is no real record of my medical in my possesion, except the immunization requirement list (which i dealt with in London) i assume that will suffice as "evidence" of my previous medical.
Bring your passport with K-1 visa inside, to the medical appointment. You should have a record of what vaccinations you've had, bring that too.

I don't think the requirement list will do much good, if it's just the list of vaccinations you needed to have. You need to show proof that you've had them. My fiance was given a card showing what vaccinations he had at his medical exam (not in London). If you already were up to date on vaccinations, and didn't get any done at your UK medical, then bring whatever proof you showed them at that time.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:25 pm

As supplimental question, the form asks for dates of all the shots taken. Good idea to be helpful and fill that in for the doctor beforehand?
We did not fill out anything before hand. We didn't bring any USCIS forms to the medical exam. The doctor had everything he needed already in his office. The doctor should have the form he needs to fill out; you don't have to fill out anything (and probably shouldn't). Let the doctor do it.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ok cool, got the records from my doctor of me having what i needed after my medical, stamped and signed by the surgery, so will take that along.

I have completed the parts of the form that say i should fill them in, and will leave it there.

Many thanks for your advice once again Rene.

On a side note, I note you're in Phoenix, I've been in Chandler for 3 weeks now, and it gets better and better
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, let the doctor do it.

As Rene wrote, take whatever documentation you have for the vaccinations you've already had. Do you have a copy of the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet that the Panel Physician filled out at your visa medical exam? You should have been given a copy, and that would be ideal.

Regards, JEff

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:36 pm

On a side note, I note you're in Phoenix, I've been in Chandler for 3 weeks now, and it gets better and better
Welcome to Chandler! Although I said Phoenix, I actually live in Mesa and work in Tempe.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jeff,
I do have the 3025, along with the original print from my doctor that i took to my medical in London, and a further later print from them that shows me having had the shots that are listed as required on the 3025. Both my doctors prints are stamped by the surgery, and signed by the practice nurse that administered the shots. Hopefully that will suffice, thanks for the suggestion, i have assembled the paperwork ready for the appointment on Tuesday.

Sounds cool Rene, Chandler really is a lovely place, a lot more freindly with people actually wanting to help you, than in South London these days! You never know, one day out paths may cross in the real world lol. I can't work for sometime due to the CDL issue discussed elsewhere, but am working on it as we speak :-)
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

If you are all up to dates on your shots and have proof of this why are you going to see a civil Surgeon? If you read the instructions for the I-693 it says that you don't have to.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Go to section III frequently asked questions 2
If you met the vaccination requirements and it says so on your DS-3025 (the document you received at your medical in London) there is no need to go to a civil surgeon. I had a copy of my DS-3025, so I sent in that as proof and had no problems! I also asked when I was there at my interview and was told that it was fine because a completed DS-3025 IS signed by a civil surgeon.

Ok, I've just re-read you post and maybe I misunderstood. Am I right in saying that you had your shots completed in London after your medical? If so, ignore what I wrote.That info applies only if everything was done and dusted at your official medical. I' won't delete the info in case someone else is looking for vaccination info and does a search on the subject. :-)

Last edited by cosmicjunkie; Aug 2nd 2012 at 11:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.