Wikiposts

I-601 Waiver Update

Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:08 am
Just Joined

bluepug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-601 Waiver Update

Originally posted by souls canuck
well, I am glad you at least heard something.. and I will take the advise given to you and use that for our case.. hope it works out for both of us..

and hey, my man is coming to see me this weekend too... should be nice weather for us all in toronto..

thanks for the update.. you know my fingers are crossed.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:12 am
Just Joined

bluepug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bluepug

Sorry about that ! Clare, thank you so much for your advice yesterday I too am going to Canada to see Aub this week I can"t wait to see him It's been 3 months since last together! Wishing you A wonderful time!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:39 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

It's so good to hear from you again Clare

Best of luck, hope all comes to an end sooner rather than later!

Hugs,
Beq
Old Apr 11th 2004, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
Hey all!
Steven called Montreal yesterday to follow up on the application. They said the file has been sent to the office at Dorval Airport and is there now. He then called the Buffalo office that was supposed to be handling it and was told the same. Someone there gave him the number at Dorval and he will try to get in touch with them today to see how far along they are with the file. Montreal said that it should be coming up to be processed soon. From what I've heard, the consulate really doesn't know when our file will be processed, but it sounds a bit promising at least.
The minimum processing time I've seen lately seems to be about 3 months, so I'm not holding my breath for another 8 weeks. I guess it'll happen when it happens.
Keeping my fingers crossed for some/any news today!
Clare
PS: the $195 check hasn't been cashed yet, so I know they haven't started it yet
Hi Clare and Steven,
Haven't been in this forum for a while but search 'I-601' every now and then to see if you guys have been approved yet. Sorry to see that you are still waiting.
I was stunned to read that you were told that only Stevens letter of hardship was wanted. When we were denied at London Embassy, we were handed 2 sheets of paper. One was requesting DH's letter describing all extreme hardship and an explaination of the cause for his denial and the other asked specifically for my letter (in my case a US resident, but in immigration matter's of this sort I would be treated with the same rights as you, a US citizen). I also included a letter of hardship from our 11 year old son (again a resident of the USA), who I felt had important things to add to show the hardship he would face if we were seperated. They accepted all of our letters. I was told originally they would be more interested in my letter (as a resident of the US) more so than DH's. It seem that every branch has a different way of prioritising. I feel that all 3 of our letters were as important as the other and together, gave an full picture of how 3 peoples lives, our families future happiness and health were literally in their hands. I wanted them to fully understand how their decision would change all of our lives forever. If it's not too late, I would ensure that as many relevant letters as possible are submitted and the fact that you have joint custody, to me is an enormous factor in the decision making.
Remind me, did you have any legal assistance in the end or did you go for it by yourselves?

Really hope you have happy news very shortly. Stay strong
Old Apr 11th 2004, 12:45 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Whatever! Long time no see
I'm thinking the same thing that you said...maybe each country handles these I601's differently. Strange huh?
We did the letters ourselves, but in the end, an immigration lawyer, who works with my company, went over them and gave it a thumbs up. I don't think he ever had to do a waiver before, so that's probably not saying much. He has heard of them for overstays, but I don't think he had any expierence in that either.
Well, the only thing we can do is to follow the rules the processing office told us about. Could you imagine me calling them and saying that they should allow my letter as evidence because everyone else said so? LOL Yeah, like that would go over BIG!
I originally did have my kids write letters, but instead included their hardships in my letter...with documentation of their school records & awards, etc. Maybe I'll have them rewrite the letters again...good thinking. Dorval told me that separation is not a hardship in itself, so I'm not sure how they would view my kids hardship since it IS separation in a nutshell.
Thanks for your input and I appreciate your well wishes. I'm going to bring the rest of the paperwork up on my next visit in 2 weeks. Hopefully, he'll have his all ready by then and we can reply to the RFE asap.
Take care
Old Apr 12th 2004, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
Hi Whatever! Long time no see
I'm thinking the same thing that you said...maybe each country handles these I601's differently. Strange huh?
We did the letters ourselves, but in the end, an immigration lawyer, who works with my company, went over them and gave it a thumbs up. I don't think he ever had to do a waiver before, so that's probably not saying much. He has heard of them for overstays, but I don't think he had any expierence in that either.
Well, the only thing we can do is to follow the rules the processing office told us about. Could you imagine me calling them and saying that they should allow my letter as evidence because everyone else said so? LOL Yeah, like that would go over BIG!
I originally did have my kids write letters, but instead included their hardships in my letter...with documentation of their school records & awards, etc. Maybe I'll have them rewrite the letters again...good thinking. Dorval told me that separation is not a hardship in itself, so I'm not sure how they would view my kids hardship since it IS separation in a nutshell.
Thanks for your input and I appreciate your well wishes. I'm going to bring the rest of the paperwork up on my next visit in 2 weeks. Hopefully, he'll have his all ready by then and we can reply to the RFE asap.
Take care
Sounds like you're ready to rock and roll - Good Luck and I look forward to you posting good news soon
Old May 9th 2004, 7:59 am
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future

HI Guys,

It's been awhile since I have been in here - the denial was quite depressing.

How are you guys going??? Any news yet?

HUGS
Sue
Old May 10th 2004, 1:30 am
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

Glad to see your update, I was wondering if it was BCIS hangin on to it or if you had something else to do.

... I think I am going to break down and call Dorval today. I hate to call because I don't want to get my feelings hurt, but I am dying to know whats up with my Husband's waiver.

We are hanging on to the letter written by the RCMP local office concerning his arrest. We had originally said all records were distroyed which they have been, this information comes from the arresting officer's notebook who had been transferred many moons ago. We had to wait for her to get back from vacation is the only reason why it wasn't included earlier. He was way below the legal limit for immigration. We had included a statement from the Courts Records manager that his court records were distroyed as well as the RCMP office.

Keep your fingers crossed. We would like for Daddy to be here for our Birthday's next month. She will be 3! And mine ends with 0 but it doesn't begin with a 3.

Going on day 78 for the waiver
Old May 10th 2004, 1:48 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

gin, I think you guys have a good chance..

we were about 60 days when we got the rfe

good luck
Old May 10th 2004, 2:06 am
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

Would be the best present ever

Us as a family again. He's missed out on soooooo much.