Wikiposts

I-485 and layoff

Old Apr 24th 2001, 8:21 am
poonampuni

Hi all, I have an approved I-140 and am going to apply for AOS, I-485. What happens
if I get laidoff after applying for I-485? Does my greencard process stop? Do I have
to find another job and start the LC, I-140, etc. all over again? Appreciate any
pointers, poonam

Old Apr 24th 2001, 2:16 pm
DG

AKAIK, you have to start it all over again. There was a proposal of allowing
professionals to switch job after 6 months through I-485. Don't think it ever passed.
As republicans are the policy makers now, there is little hope that they will do
anything to facilitate immigration to be smoother, at least for Asians.

>
happens if I
    >
have
    >
    >

Old Apr 24th 2001, 4:00 pm
Ned

Actually it (bill S2045) did become law in Oct 2000. However, we are still waiting
for the INS to issue regulations on how it will be implemented/interpreted.

>
allowing
    >
    >
hope
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi all, I have an approved I-140 and am going to apply for AOS, I-485. What[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > get laidoff after applying for I-485? Does my greencard process stop? Do[/usenetquote2]
I
    >
[usenetquote2]> > to find another job and start the LC, I-140, etc. all over again? Appreciate any[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > pointers, poonam[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

Old Apr 25th 2001, 6:12 am
DG

So, it takes INS so long to decide? That is amazing! Actually INS has no intention to
act faster either.

>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > AKAIK, you have to start it all over again. There was a proposal of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > professionals to switch job after 6 months through I-485. Don't think it ever[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > passed. As republicans are the policy makers now, there is little[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > that they will do anything to facilitate immigration to be smoother, at least for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Asians.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi all, I have an approved I-140 and am going to apply for AOS, I-485. What[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > happens if I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > get laidoff after applying for I-485? Does my greencard process stop?[/usenetquote2]
Do
    >
[usenetquote2]> > have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > to find another job and start the LC, I-140, etc. all over again? Appreciate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > any pointers, poonam[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]