I-407 at port of entry

Old Nov 23rd 2019, 11:03 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-407 at port of entry

Originally Posted by Konnekt
Ok, thanks for the input. That is exactly why I thought the port of entry option sounded strange. Guess it makes sense if it's really for people pressured to do it.

Probably what I'll do is send it by certified mail from outside the US. They say processing time is 60 days, so I'll apply for VWP after that and see what happens.
I know someone who was reluctantly/apologetically told to do it at the POE ( but to mail it in, not on the spot) .. he sent sent it in later... unless your giving it up scam the IRS like this Citizen (below) tried to do I think your will be fine. The fact you are giving it up proves you have no immigrant intent so ESTA or visa should be fine, my Co-worker never reported an issue and have traveled many times since handing it back ... if had immigrant intent you would move / remain here.... I helped a co-worker give his wife’s give PR up once... aka mailed the card to the London embassy snail mail (to save money, much against my better instinct to courier it..)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...oIU_story.html

Last edited by tht; Nov 23rd 2019 at 11:07 am.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

chacko is an unknown quantity at this point

Following on the above thread, I note that the consensus is that I 407 at port of entry is not a good idea.
I have the following questions
1. If one submits I-407 and sends it to Vermont, is there is rule to say that on cannot apply for an ESTA, while it is being processed?
2. How long does it take for 407 to be processed?
3. Is the ESTA application process aware that one may have LPR
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well a LPR is not eligible to usa the VWP and I have no idea of the ESTA system picks that up but the PoE would.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chacko
Following on the above thread, I note that the consensus is that I 407 at port of entry is not a good idea.
I have the following questions
1. If one submits I-407 and sends it to Vermont, is there is rule to say that on cannot apply for an ESTA, while it is being processed?
2. How long does it take for 407 to be processed?
3. Is the ESTA application process aware that one may have LPR
Thanks in advance.
See my reply above.