I-407 - giving up green card

Old Jan 15th 2020, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

baloo710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-407 - giving up green card

Hi Im hoping someone else recently has been going through this.

I sent my I-407 form and green card to the USCIS Eastern Forms Center like i tells you to. That was back in October, i havent received any confirmation that they have received it or are processing it. I can not find any way of contacting them or anyone who can look it up for me. When you phone up the USCIS and speak to a representative they just say they dont have any form of information and cant even look up if my status has changed.

I have read it will roughly take 60 days but do you think it means business days because if not then I should have heard something by now.

If anyone else has been going through this then any help would be great

Thank you
Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-407 - giving up green card

I don't think USCIS provides confirmation on this one. You probably won't hear anything back and just have to assume it's happened after 60 days. No idea if they mean business or calendar days, but it doesn't really matter. Your only obligation was to file the form, which you've done.

With things like this, it's always best to send it via a trackable method, just so you know it got there.

Also, I assume you kept a copy of what you sent, with the date on it, for your records?

Rene
Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:54 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You may never get confirmation in all honestly. I would just go about my life treating it as if it's been completed unless there's some reason you need confirmation.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Yes i kept a copy and sent it via signed dhl. But on the tracking it just says the surname of who signed for it. I dont know who that person is or if they work for the USCIS.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have not heard of anyone getting a confirmation, you did your bit.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Im just concerned that when I next go to the US what if they deny me and turn round and say that i never filled anything. And also in regards to US tax for last year, how do i know when they classed me as still having green card status or not.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

On what basis will you be visiting?
Old Jan 15th 2020, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

On holiday to see my wifes family
Old Jan 15th 2020, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

B, VWP?
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Well yes. In theory I would assume you cant get an ESTA if you currently have a green card so you would think that if I still have one it would either deny me getting it or if im successful then assume i dont have a green card any more. But Im not sure if this is how it works.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Well it does seem that if you are recorded as a LPR than ESTA will be declined, have you tried ESTA?

Old Jan 15th 2020, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Beraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond repute

I received an official confirmation signed by a USCIS official less than three weeks after submitting to London. I sent with tracking and signed receipt and also enclosed a stamped addressed envelope. Included in the confirmation was advice that if I travelled to the US again to take a copy of the confirmation with me as airlines would question my status because previously travel had been as a LPR and I would not have a green card to present.

Old Jan 15th 2020, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

When did you send it off to London? Unfortunately I know in July last year they changed the process in which you couldn't send an I-407 to any international office but instead all had to be mailed to the US Eastern office.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Beraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond repute

I mailed it to Nine Elms March 29, received by them April 1. It was signed and dated by a DHS officer April 9, an 8 day turnaround from receipt to final processing.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

That was last year. 2019.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.