Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-140 filed on 12-Dec-2020 and no RN yet

I-140 filed on 12-Dec-2020 and no RN yet

Old May 31st 2021, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

circusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-140 filed on 12-Dec-2020 and no RN yet

Hi all - just to share and get some
feedback.

I am here in the US through a L1A visa (which is under renewal now, i-94 was till June 2022). Somwhere in Dec 2020, I think it was the 12th, the law firm from my company filed the i-140 and… to date I have not received even the Receipt Notice (RN) with my case number.

is it something normal? They estimated 8-12 weeks and I think it has been now 25 weeks…

I keep asking them and they play the covid card over and over, which I believed during Feb and March but now it is too much, it is just a single RN.

Any thoughts?
Calling USCIS may not even be possible on my side as I do not have this RN still which they told me is the entry point.
I have talked to the law firm to file the case again, which they said it is not a good practice.

On a side note, they said my case will have the i-485 filed concurrently, but now even though I gave all info and went thru all med exams, they have the papers on hold.

Thanks for any tips you can provide me here (if any - part of this message is just frustration).

Cheers!
Old May 31st 2021, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-140 filed on 12-Dec-2020 and no RN yet

Originally Posted by circusplaza
feedback.

I am here in the US through a L1A visa (which is under renewal now, i-94 was till June 2022). Somwhere in Dec 2020, I think it was the 12th, the law firm from my company filed the i-140 and… to date I have not received even the Receipt Notice (RN) with my case number.

is it something normal? They estimated 8-12 weeks and I think it has been now 25 weeks…

I keep asking them and they play the covid card over and over, which I believed during Feb and March but now it is too much, it is just a single RN.

Any thoughts?
Calling USCIS may not even be possible on my side as I do not have this RN still which they told me is the entry point.
I have talked to the law firm to file the case again, which they said it is not a good practice.

On a side note, they said my case will have the i-485 filed concurrently, but now even though I gave all info and went thru all med exams, they have the papers on hold.

Thanks for any tips you can provide me here (if any - part of this message is just frustration).

Cheers!
Where did they send your I-140? And with FedEx?
Old May 31st 2021, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

circusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond reputecircusplaza has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I am not sure, I did send to the attorney office via Fedex but I have no idea how they did file it…
Old May 31st 2021, 6:29 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by circusplaza
feedback.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
How were the USCIS fees paid? If it was by check, the lawyers should be able to see if it’s cashed and they used to write the receipt number on the back so you could see it on the online banking image of the cashed check.

Some employers also don’t what their employee to know where they are in the process so will sometimes not pass on receipt numbers etc.

With CV19 it could also be that it’s sat there unopened. Even if it was delivered and signed for, a receipt number would not be generated until the initial processing / check cashing is done.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
How were the USCIS fees paid? If it was by check, the lawyers should be able to see if it’s cashed and they used to write the receipt number on the back so you could see it on the online banking image of the cashed check.

Some employers also don’t what their employee to know where they are in the process so will sometimes not pass on receipt numbers etc.

With CV19 it could also be that it’s sat there unopened. Even if it was delivered and signed for, a receipt number would not be generated until the initial processing / check cashing is done.
my sector is hot at the moment, we need people. I would not like to think though my firm is doing this to retain… anything can happen!