I-140 documents

Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-140 documents

Originally Posted by E3only
Thanks very much. Yes I know EB's are intense.

Little confused when you said "nor did my lawyer for my EB2 submission". Did you go through EB2 or not?

My 3 year Bachelors from India was rated as 3 years toward US Bachelors. However my PERM was Masters + 2. MY Australian Masters was evaluated to US Masters and that's how the lawyers are going for EB 2. The concern is, if USCIS will create issues saying my underlying bachelors is 3 years (they want 16 years education). A few folks mentioned it to me that my PERM is Masters + 2 so they should only look at Australian masters but it seems that it depends on case office to case officer so its 50:50 (????).

My job is not on issue however. The company is top 10 in the world by asset side, US operations are 80bn assets with around 500MM bottom line. Both my degrees are in Accounting/Finance and my job is Corporate Finance which requires Masters.

It's just the 3 + 2 not equal to 16 that is bothering me and keep me up all night
submission for EB1 (approved) and EB2 as a backup (now withdrawn as not needed)
Old Oct 15th 2012, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retzie
E3only - I'm going to pass on advice that has often been given to me when stressing about the job market (in academia, this is a vile process where you apply for pretty much everything, then wait 6+ months to possibly get a rejection, or just assume rejection since you don't have an offer...)

There is nothing you can do about it now, so just put in the application and see. In the meantime, try to focus your energies on other things. Even if someone else was successful with a similar background, you know as well as I do that bears no particular relation to your future success/failure. Worrying yourself into a puddle of terror will make not one bit of difference, so you might as well go with the same outcome, less stress!

If you really, really want a constructive outlet for these feelings, I suppose you could start making a contingency plan in case it falls through, but I don't think the timeline is tight enough for that to be worthwhile.

Our fingers here will be crossed for you
I agree...I tried to take that approach somehow I can not ignore it!

Back up plan is to be on my visa which can be renewed indefinitely. Plan B is to move back to Sydney. So there isn't a concern (that was my thinking when I moved to the states 2 years ago). Life changed, thinking changes....looking to start a family, a house and now the GC becomes key for stability.

Anyway I understand what you are saying...and Thank you for your message!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Freakin awesome...I140 approved in 7 days. Now the wait, may be 5-7 years LOL.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 12:40 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

what does the medical actually entail? I'm about to schedule mine...
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Meryl
what does the medical actually entail? I'm about to schedule mine...
nothing really, vaccination check and TB, syphillis blood check, I had to get my MMR again as I couldnt find (well my mum) some of my old records.

its really just a process, nothing to worry about atall
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:38 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

..well I know I definately don't have syphilis lol