Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-140 checklist /Eb2 with approved Labor certification

I-140 checklist /Eb2 with approved Labor certification

Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:46 am
Just Joined

mqqd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-140 checklist /Eb2 with approved Labor certification

Hi, would you please take a look at my document list and give comment?

I entered U.S with F1 visa, now on H-1b status, working in a university, tenure track. My labor certificate was approved recently. My school will file I-140 for me based on EB2 Aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degree with approved LC. I received Ph.D. degree here in the U.S.

I read the instruction of I-140. It looks that the required documents for this type of GC application are quite straight forward. I wonder if it’s possible that I DIY. Need support from friends on this board. Please correct me if you think anything is wrong here or remind me if any file is missing.

Documents needed from School/my employer:

• Petition letter- a simply one page petition support letter
• Offer letter
• Original approved labor certification Form ETA-750
• Ability to pay wage – A letter from university financial officer with detailed school financial information in it.
• Alien’s qualification attesting statement – I am not sure if it’s necessary. Do you have any suggestion?

Documents needed from me:

• INS filing fee: $190
• Diploma, CV and transcript
• Copy of my Passport, American Visa Page and I-94 (front and back)
• H-1b visa approval letter

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:04 am
Just Joined

rsk153 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-140 checklist /Eb2 with approved Labor certification

Originally posted by mqqd
Hi, would you please take a look at my document list and give comment?

I entered U.S with F1 visa, now on H-1b status, working in a university, tenure track. My labor certificate was approved recently. My school will file I-140 for me based on EB2 Aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degree with approved LC. I received Ph.D. degree here in the U.S.

I read the instruction of I-140. It looks that the required documents for this type of GC application are quite straight forward. I wonder if it’s possible that I DIY. Need support from friends on this board. Please correct me if you think anything is wrong here or remind me if any file is missing.

Documents needed from School/my employer:

• Petition letter- a simply one page petition support letter
• Offer letter
• Original approved labor certification Form ETA-750
• Ability to pay wage – A letter from university financial officer with detailed school financial information in it.
• Alien’s qualification attesting statement – I am not sure if it’s necessary. Do you have any suggestion?

Documents needed from me:

• INS filing fee: $190
• Diploma, CV and transcript
• Copy of my Passport, American Visa Page and I-94 (front and back)
• H-1b visa approval letter

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
It seem's were on the same boat!
I'm a tenure instructor and just had my 3 year H1B visa extended and was wondering if I should DIY or not.
A question - Would you have to wait for a visa number in order to file I-485 or will you just file I-140 and I-485 concurrently (considering no visa number is available).

Personally, I would do it myself - alternatives are pay an attorney around 3-4k!

Hear from you soon ...