I-134 - questions

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 10:55 pm
tony6919

Hi folks,

At last we're approved at the Nebraska Service Center. Wish the same success to everyone.
Now if I have understood correctly I have to wait for the packet #3 from the US Consulate.
On the other hand my fiancee has to send me an I- 134 - affidavit of support that I'll
need for the interview. So my quiestion is: My fiancee is a student, she works but her job
in the States is some kind of part time job and not very well paid, so I suppose that with
such kind of job she would not able to send affidavit of support. So we talked about this
and we think that an I-134 from her parents will be better decision. But is this possible?
How the US Consulate will accept such kind of I-134? Will that be good or bad for the
interview? Are there any other documents that we/I have to prepare for the interview?
Please help. Thank you in advance.

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 12:23 am
Alvena Ferreira

Both the fiance and the co-sponsor would EACH complete the I-134 affidavit. EAch would
provide their separate supporting documents, and you would take BOTH forms to the
interview. My affidavit pages: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/...vitframes.html

alvena

[email protected] wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> At last we're approved at the Nebraska Service Center. Wish the same success to
> everyone. Now if I have understood correctly I have to wait for the packet #3 from the
> US Consulate. On the other hand my fiancee has to send me an I- 134 - affidavit of
> support that I'll need for the interview. So my quiestion is: My fiancee is a student,
> she works but her job in the States is some kind of part time job and not very well
> paid, so I suppose that with such kind of job she would not able to send affidavit of
> support. So we talked about this and we think that an I-134 from her parents will be
> better decision. But is this possible? How the US Consulate will accept such kind of
> I-134? Will that be good or bad for the interview? Are there any other documents that
> we/I have to prepare for the interview? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Old Feb 5th 2001, 6:38 am
Marciowaz

-Marc
>Subject: I-134 - questions

>Date: 03/02/01 11:55 GMT Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>Hi folks,
>
>At last we're approved at the Nebraska Service Center. Wish the same success to everyone.
>Now if I have understood correctly I have to wait for the packet #3 from the US
>Consulate. On the other hand my fiancee has to send me an I- 134 - affidavit of support
>that I'll need for the interview. So my quiestion is: My fiancee is a student, she works
>but her job in the States is some kind of part time job and not very well paid, so I
>suppose that with such kind of job she would not able to send affidavit of support. So we
>talked about this and we think that an I-134 from her parents will be better decision.
>But is this possible? How the US Consulate will accept such kind of I-134? Will that be
>good or bad for the interview? Are there any other documents that we/I have to prepare
>for the interview? Please help. Thank you in advance.
>

Hey...

I'm going to have similar problems.... My finacee is at school, but also works both
time. any ideas on how much she is going to have to be bringing in to be able to file
the I-134 ??

Unfortunatly, we didnt research this whole process enough, and now we're really
paying for it.

-Marc
>Subject: I-134 - questions

>Date: 03/02/01 11:55 GMT Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>Hi folks,
>
>At last we're approved at the Nebraska Service Center. Wish the same success to everyone.
>Now if I have understood correctly I have to wait for the packet #3 from the US
>Consulate. On the other hand my fiancee has to send me an I- 134 - affidavit of support
>that I'll need for the interview. So my quiestion is: My fiancee is a student, she works
>but her job in the States is some kind of part time job and not very well paid, so I
>suppose that with such kind of job she would not able to send affidavit of support. So we
>talked about this and we think that an I-134 from her parents will be better decision.
>But is this possible? How the US Consulate will accept such kind of I-134? Will that be
>good or bad for the interview? Are there any other documents that we/I have to prepare
>for the interview? Please help. Thank you in advance.
>
>

>
>
>
>

Old Feb 5th 2001, 7:52 am
RJLiles

"Marciowaz" <[email protected]> wrote in >
> Hey...
>
> I'm going to have similar problems.... My finacee is at school, but also
works
> both time. any ideas on how much she is going to have to be bringing in
to be
> able to file the I-134 ??
>
125% above poverty depending on the household size. http://travel.state.gov/00povert.html

> Unfortunatly, we didnt research this whole process enough, and now we're
really
> paying for it.
>
Maybe you should start your research now?