I-130-email notification (DCF)

Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

raestarlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130-email notification (DCF)

Please go easy on me. I know that people have probably posted this question many times before, but I have been searching and can't find the answer anywhere. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

So, my question is...

Roughly, how long does it take to receive an email notification once the I-130 packet has been sent to the Embassy in London.

Thanks
Old Feb 7th 2011, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130-email notification (DCF)

Originally Posted by raestarlight
Please go easy on me. I know that people have probably posted this question many times before, but I have been searching and can't find the answer anywhere. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

So, my question is...

Roughly, how long does it take to receive an email notification once the I-130 packet has been sent to the Embassy in London.

Thanks
It really does vary. I sent mine off to them recorded delivery on the Friday and they received it on the Tuesday (Monday was MLK day). Received my notification email on the Friday. It's usually within a week but they do check to make sure that you're eligible and then take payment. So you can check with your credit card company to see if the funds were taken or with your bank to see if the check cleared.

I should add, only be worried if a letter with your name and address in your handwriting show up. I learnt the hard way why they ask for a self-addressed stamped envelope when my application got returned the first time due to an oversight!

Last edited by Shermeen.Adam; Feb 7th 2011 at 2:12 am.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road

I sent mine off Dec 4 and received an email Dec 6, but my money was not taken out until Dec 23rd ( we payed via international bank order, so they might only go to the bank a few times a month). I think around a week is normal, but I have seen people who had to wait 2 weeks, if there have been holidays or something. I agree w/Shermeen, just keep checking if the money has left your account.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by raestarlight

So, my question is...

Thanks
I sent my packet off on november 23, I never received an e-mail from them, but they sent me a letter stating they had received it and was filed December 9th, so that was almost 3 weeks. They took the payment on the 25th of novermber.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:02 am
Just Joined

raestarlight is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

Hmmm... I sent mine a week ago by recorded delivery and havent had a response yet. I can't check if the payment has been taken as we paid using an International Bankers Draft so the money had already been debited.

Should I start to panic yet?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Psychosleftpeg
I can't check if the payment has been taken as we paid using an International Bankers Draft so the money had already been debited.
That's how we paid as well, and you can check to see if the check has been cashed, just call the bank that issued it.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Psychosleftpeg
Hmmm... I sent mine a week ago by recorded delivery and havent had a response yet. I can't check if the payment has been taken as we paid using an International Bankers Draft so the money had already been debited.

Should I start to panic yet?
Honestly, no need to panic.

You sent it recorded delivery, once you've confirmed its been delievered (use your tracking number on the website) then relax. It's got there.

Not everybody gets their email right away, that's no need to panic. If anything is wrong with your application you'll hear from them sooner.

I paid by international bankers draft too so the money was debited when the cheque was made up and my bank (halifax) couldn't tell me when the USCIS presented it.

Unfortunately, you're going to need to get used to waiting to hear from them. Because even once they've sent the confirmation of acceptance, you still have a good two to three month wait for approval.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Psychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nicePsychosleftpeg is just really nice

Cheers guys

I know that everything is probably fine, but I guess I worry . Once I know they have the application I will relax, I can wait a few months before we hear anything, just as long as they have it, which i'm sure they do.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:42 am
Just Joined

shaunos is an unknown quantity at this point

They took payment today :-)

We sent last Wednesday, received Friday (recorded delivery), and payment was processed yesterday, debited today.

The waiting process begins...........

(raestarlights Husband)!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shaunos
They took payment today :-)

We sent last Wednesday, received Friday (recorded delivery), and payment was processed yesterday, debited today.

The waiting process begins...........

(raestarlights Husband)!!
Have you received your processing date yet?
It does seem like it will be a longer process than expected, still slightly faster than filing in the US I suppose. It's nice to just be on the road huh? xx
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:49 am
Just Joined

shaunos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shermeen.Adam
Have you received your processing date yet?
It does seem like it will be a longer process than expected, still slightly faster than filing in the US I suppose. It's nice to just be on the road huh? xx
No, not yet, but really not in a hurry, so they can take their time. House needs to sell first.