How is it OK for Celebrities….

Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is it OK for Celebrities….

Originally Posted by mikechristina
It seems that there are quite a few celebrity US/UK marriages Katy Perry & Russell Brand

Are they grilled at each POE when they come to visit?
Yes

http://www.gadling.com/2008/09/07/ru...ed-in-the-u-s/
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:36 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
More money, yes. Better known, yes. Different than you in terms of immigration, no.
and at the end of the day getting a visa is partly about proving you won't be a financial burden on the US, so celebs probably do get grilled less. If Russell Brands marriage breaks down, he's hardly going to be trying to claim benefits is he?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Everyone`s entitled to a rant! I am famous for them. I came over at the same time as Posh Spice, and no way could I imagine her sitting in the Social Security Office for three hours in tropical heat with no toilets working to get a number. It made a good image at the time!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jemima55
Everyone`s entitled to a rant! I am famous for them. I came over at the same time as Posh Spice, and no way could I imagine her sitting in the Social Security Office for three hours in tropical heat with no toilets working to get a number. It made a good image at the time!
AND..........what would she wear to the DMV? Thats one paparazzi pic you never see in the papers.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
Everyone`s entitled to a rant!
Thanks Jemima!

I did preface my OP with " I may be over sensitive at the moment" But some people read only what they want to read and then critique me for having "feelings" GOD FORBID!

I am in the sweltering heat too! Florida?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond reputemikechristina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79

Russell Brand was a virtual UNKNOWN at the time AND had prior Drug offenses not to mention he dressed up as OSAMA BIN LADEN and went to work at MTV on SEPTEMBER 12, 2001 !

So I am not surprised he was refused entry. I am a huge Russell Brand Fan and knew of him way before he came to the USA thanks to my DH.

I guarentee he would not be detained and sent home TODAY!

Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

I guarentee he would not be detained and sent home TODAY!

How about last October? That recent enough?

http://www.visabureau.com/america/ne...officials.aspx
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hobbes79
How about last October? That recent enough?

http://www.visabureau.com/america/ne...officials.aspx
Congratulations, you know how to use Google.

Not interested in a pissing match

Though I appreciate your thorough research.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
By the way, at no point in my K-1 to citizenship process did I have to sit in front of a panel of immigration officials and get treated like a criminal. There was only 1 person at each interview and they were all very nice, polite and generally conversational.
Same here. I remember just standing in front of the little window, the person ticked off a load of boxes on their pages, asked a couple of very simple questions and that was it. I understand that if I'd been married for a much shorter time that it would have been more in-depth, but it was just a plain formality in my case (and I'm not famous).

Anyone seen a celebrity try to pull the "Don't you know who I am?!" routine?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Celebs who come here because they're married undergo exactly the same procedure as you.

I'd rather we imported "illegals (from Mexico)" than whiners like you.
Good Lord, that's a bit harsh. I think everyone is entitled to a rant every now and then.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

You said he'd never be detained.

He's been detained. (EDIT: twice)

Not pissing on anything as far as I know

Last edited by hobbes79; Apr 20th 2011 at 7:00 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There are a shed load of celebs that have had problems getting into the US though...but having loads of lawyers to work on waivers, having loads of money and being famous gives them more options, O1 visa, EB5 investment etc, etc.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Jemima!

I did preface my OP with " I may be over sensitive at the moment" But some people read only what they want to read and then critique me for having "feelings" GOD FORBID!

I am in the sweltering heat too! Florida?
Nah, I am up a bit........... Washington DC, and I would pull that "Do you know who I am?" stunt willingly, just to see who they came up with!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't like the fact celebs can get cars I can't afford, houses I can't afford, eat at restaurants I can't get in, sleep with (you get the idea) etc, etc. That's life!

Is it really any different to someone getting an H-1B based on a job offer from a US company? Is that some elitist and unfair scheme against foreigners who don't have a job lined up or don't have a degree?

Or just... life!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 7:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1chumly
Good Lord, that's a bit harsh. I think everyone is entitled to a rant every now and then.
Hell, I'm happy for anyone to rant about the unreasonably long process, and lack of both clarity and independent oversight for US immigration authorities.

But to say that it's unfair because celebs are treated differently is plainly wrong.

And to continue with the illegals (Mexico) [sic] was the Mailesque topping on the cake for me. Like complaining that homeless people get free food at the soup kitchen when you're ranting about an over-the-top bill you were presented with after getting your fill in a 5-star swanky restaurant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.