Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How Often Does Uscis Refuse To Remove Conditions?

How Often Does Uscis Refuse To Remove Conditions?

Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:04 am
Banned

Johndoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Often Does Uscis Refuse To Remove Conditions?

This question may have been answered earlier here, but I cant seem to loacte any thread about this.

I wanted to know that in cases where spouses are no longer together and one is a CPR, how often has USCIS refused to remove conditions? I know there is the waiver based I751, and which a few members of this board like Aguila have filed, but generally, does USCIS remove conditions or does it subject the CPR to another endless run around that MAY end in deportation?
Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Often Does Uscis Refuse To Remove Conditions?

Originally Posted by Johndoe
This question may have been answered earlier here, but I cant seem to loacte any thread about this.

I wanted to know that in cases where spouses are no longer together and one is a CPR, how often has USCIS refused to remove conditions? I know there is the waiver based I751, and which a few members of this board like Aguila have filed, but generally, does USCIS remove conditions or does it subject the CPR to another endless run around that MAY end in deportation?

If USCIS does not have the statistics on their website, I don't know where you will find the answer. The few people who have applied for this were either approved or are still waiting. Our knowledge for the most part is based on the experiences of others.

Rete
Old Sep 30th 2004, 1:15 am
Banned

That leave some amount of satisfaction because am waiting for a decision and spouse refuses to take me to the interview.

Would USCIS refuse to remove conditions if US Dept of education has loaned me to the tune of $40K for graduate studies? Am graduation soon. Is this relevant?
Old Sep 30th 2004, 2:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

That leave some amount of satisfaction because am waiting for a decision and spouse refuses to take me to the interview.

Would USCIS refuse to remove conditions if US Dept of education has loaned me to the tune of $40K for graduate studies? Am graduation soon. Is this relevant?

Who is the foreign spouse here? You or her? If you, then your spouse will not go to the interview if you filed for a waiver of the I-751. It only concerns the foreign former spouse not the USC. If her, reverse the above sentence.

I doubt that your debt will have anything to do with whether or not the CIS grants you removal of conditions. What US Department of Education loaned you $40,000? I didn't know they loaned out money. I know there are federal and state grants which are not repayable and there are student loans. Students loans are obtained through private financing companies not the US Government as far as I know. At least this was the case with myself and my daughters all of us had student loans.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 3:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rete
Who is the foreign spouse here? You or her? If you, then your spouse will not go to the interview if you filed for a waiver of the I-751. It only concerns the foreign former spouse not the USC. If her, reverse the above sentence.

I doubt that your debt will have anything to do with whether or not the CIS grants you removal of conditions. What US Department of Education loaned you $40,000? I didn't know they loaned out money. I know there are federal and state grants which are not repayable and there are student loans. Students loans are obtained through private financing companies not the US Government as far as I know. At least this was the case with myself and my daughters all of us had student loans.
=======================
I am the foreign spouse, and am only speculating if I have to go to the waiver stage of I751, since am awaiting a joint I751 decision.

The loans I mentioned are FAFSA loans given by the US Dept of education. They are government loans, unless one consolidates or gets private loans, see http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebA...lish/index.jsp

Anyhow, once I get the I751 decision, I hope theres no interview requirement because thats the one US spouse will not go with me.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
I believe the issue here is that JohnDoe (the alien) is not divorced yet so he cannot file the waiver. If he is called for an interview, the wife would be required to attend. If she does not, the removal of conditions would be denied. His hope is that he is not called for the interview.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 4:38 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
I believe the issue here is that JohnDoe (the alien) is not divorced yet so he cannot file the waiver. If he is called for an interview, the wife would be required to attend. If she does not, the removal of conditions would be denied. His hope is that he is not called for the interview.

thanks got that information from the last sentence of his last response.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 6:54 am
Paul

Johndoe <member24006@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > If USCIS does not have the statistics on their website, I don't know
    > > where you will find the answer. The few people who have applied for
    > > this were either approved or are still waiting. Our knowledge for the
    > > most part is based on the experiences of others.
    > >
    > > Rete
    >
    > That leave some amount of satisfaction because am waiting for a decision
    > and spouse refuses to take me to the interview.
    >
    > Would USCIS refuse to remove conditions if US Dept of education has
    > loaned me to the tune of $40K for graduate studies? Am graduation soon.
    > Is this relevant?

I think it might be relevant that you have completed a course of study
(congratulations!) that demonstrates your continued residence in the
country. But if you're planning on somehow leveraging USCIS with the
threat of not paying back your student loans if it rejects your
removal of conditions, I don't think that's going to happen.

Old Sep 30th 2004, 7:28 am
Banned

Paul,
Thanks for your comment about completing school, yes I will finish the Masters degree in 2 months-the degree for which I got F1 to come here before I met and married spouse.

I hope that will look positive or at least they can view me as not someone who wants to stick here and ride the US govt system.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 7:35 am
Banned

Hey Paul,
I did not say I will threaten not to pay the loans, but how can I do so when am no longer here, if they refuse to remove condistions?

Is it not impled that USCIS will remove conditions AT ALL TIMES EVENTUALLY because how can they equate CPR and LPR so much, if there are ANY CHANCES that they will kick you out?

Its like applying for a loan and the bank gives you money in advance of them deciding whether they will actually give you a loan.How can they later say the loan is denied when they already gave you the money?

Or is there something am missing?
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Paul,
I did not say I will threaten not to pay the loans, but how can I do so when am no longer here, if they refuse to remove condistions?

Is it not impled that USCIS will remove conditions AT ALL TIMES EVENTUALLY because how can they equate CPR and LPR so much, if there are ANY CHANCES that they will kick you out?

Its like applying for a loan and the bank gives you money in advance of them deciding whether they will actually give you a loan.How can they later say the loan is denied when they already gave you the money?

Just because LPR's and CPR's have the same rights, it does not mean it's the same thing
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:36 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

doe,

You are missing a couple of things.

You can pay your debts by mailing a check to the lender from wherever you are to wherever the lender is.

The USCIS can determine when evaluating the I-751 that it made a mistake when approving the I-485. If the USCIS determines that the marriage was, after all , entered into for the purpose of evading US immigration law it can correct the error by denying the I-751 application, and it has done so.

Regards, JEff

Hey Paul,