Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How many H1B applications already received for 2007?

How many H1B applications already received for 2007?

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:36 pm
Gagan

Default How many H1B applications already received for 2007?

My company filed for my H1B on April 1 this year. There were rumours
that the H1 quota will expire in only a couple of days due to huge
rush.

Does anybody know how many H1B visa applications were received by UCIS
till date starting April 1.

I know its a bit early, but if somebody can point me to a site etc.,
where I can find this information (if UCIS publishes this info), that
will be great.

Thx!
Gagan

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:22 pm
J. J. Farrell

Default Re: How many H1B applications already received for 2007?

On Apr 2, 9:36 am, "Gagan" <[email protected]> wrote:
> My company filed for my H1B on April 1 this year. There were rumours
> that the H1 quota will expire in only a couple of days due to huge
> rush.
>
> Does anybody know how many H1B visa applications were received by UCIS
> till date starting April 1.
>
> I know its a bit early, but if somebody can point me to a site etc.,
> where I can find this information (if UCIS publishes this info), that
> will be great.

They only started accepting them on March 31, so it's unlikely they've
yet counted how many had arrived by April 1.

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:32 pm
Ravi Rao

In article <[email protected]. com>, J. J. Farrell wrote:
> On Apr 2, 9:36 am, "Gagan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> My company filed for my H1B on April 1 this year. There were rumours
>> that the H1 quota will expire in only a couple of days due to huge
>> rush.
>>
>> Does anybody know how many H1B visa applications were received by UCIS
>> till date starting April 1.
>>
>> I know its a bit early, but if somebody can point me to a site etc.,
>> where I can find this information (if UCIS publishes this info), that
>> will be great.
>
> They only started accepting them on March 31, so it's unlikely they've
> yet counted how many had arrived by April 1.

You may find this link useful:

<http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/template.PRINT/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid8b6138f898d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD& vgnextchannel�?919c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1R CRD>

i.e. <http://tinyurl.com/328zrq>

--ravi.

Old Apr 4th 2007, 5:49 am
Sil

If I am not wrong, the application of urs falls under FY2008
If so, please check this link

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid"017

Old Apr 4th 2007, 4:33 pm
Gagan

On Apr 3, 10:49 pm, "Sil" <[email protected]> wrote:
> If I am not wrong, the application of urs falls under FY2008
> If so, please check this link
>
> http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid"017

Thanks Sil and everybody..

This link too has the same information. I found this yesterday -
http://www.visalaw.com/blog.html

Old Apr 10th 2007, 6:05 pm
Gagan

New update by USICS - http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...date040507.pdf

Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

yabadabadoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gagan
Here's the latest from USCIS dated 10th April 2007:
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22063
Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile H-1B Cap Random Selection Underway Today

H-1B Cap Random Selection Underway Today & Likely Completed Today
04/12/2007: Schedules of H-1B Cap Random Selection and Adjudication

According to the AILA, USCIS is running random number generator today and they will start adjudication of winning cases not prior to tomorrow, 04/13/2007. Accordingly, some of the PPS approvals which some of the petitioners have received are likely invalidated unless they are selected in the today random selection. For these reasons, the USCIS is requesting these petitioners to contact the PPS unit of the Service Centers that issued approval e-mails to verify whether their cases have been selected in the random selection. Hmmm.............................................. .............................OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.immigration-law.com/
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:17 pm
Sankar B

Default Re: H-1B Cap Random Selection Underway Today

On Apr 13, 8:37 am, homer4all <[email protected]>
wrote:

> H-1B Cap Random Selection Underway Today & Likely Completed Today
> 04/12/2007: Schedules of H-1B Cap Random Selection and Adjudication
>
May I know whats the source for this information ?

Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:57 pm
Ravi Rao

In article <[email protected]. com>, Sankar B wrote:
> On Apr 13, 8:37 am, homer4all <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> H-1B Cap Random Selection Underway Today & Likely Completed Today
>> 04/12/2007: Schedules of H-1B Cap Random Selection and Adjudication
>>
> May I know whats the source for this information ?

There's an update here:

<http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/H1Bfy08CapUpdate041307.pdf>

"""
USCIS RUNS RANDOM SELECTION PROCESS FOR H-1Bs
Revised Business Procedures Expedite Processing
WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that on April 12 it conducted the computer-generated random selection process to determine which H-1B petitions, subject to the congressionally mandated H-1B cap for fiscal year 2008 (FY 2008), would continue to final processing. USCIS completed this determination ahead of the preliminary schedule noted on April 3, when it announced it had received enough petitions to meet the cap for FY 2008.
The 123,480 cap-subject petitions received on April 2 and 3 were labeled with unique numerical identifiers and selected randomly by computer. The chosen numerical identifiers were then transmitted to the appropriate service center for further processing.
Applicants who submitted properly filed petitions that are accepted for adjudication will receive a receipt notice. All petitions not chosen will be returned with the fee(s) to the petitioner or their authorized representative. The total process is expected to take approximately four weeks.
For the cases initially filed for premium processing, the 15-day premium processing period begins on April 12, the day petitions were selected through the random selection process.
USCIS will provide additional updates as the processing of FY 2008 H-1B cap cases continues.
"""

Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ravi Rao
In article <[email protected]. com>, Sankar B wrote:
> On Apr 13, 8:37 am, homer4all <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> H-1B Cap Random Selection Underway Today & Likely Completed Today
>> 04/12/2007: Schedules of H-1B Cap Random Selection and Adjudication
>>
> May I know whats the source for this information ?

There's an update here:

<http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/H1Bfy08CapUpdate041307.pdf>

"""
USCIS RUNS RANDOM SELECTION PROCESS FOR H-1Bs
Revised Business Procedures Expedite Processing
WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that on April 12 it conducted the computer-generated random selection process to determine which H-1B petitions, subject to the congressionally mandated H-1B cap for fiscal year 2008 (FY 2008), would continue to final processing. USCIS completed this determination ahead of the preliminary schedule noted on April 3, when it announced it had received enough petitions to meet the cap for FY 2008.
The 123,480 cap-subject petitions received on April 2 and 3 were labeled with unique numerical identifiers and selected randomly by computer. The chosen numerical identifiers were then transmitted to the appropriate service center for further processing.
Applicants who submitted properly filed petitions that are accepted for adjudication will receive a receipt notice. All petitions not chosen will be returned with the fee(s) to the petitioner or their authorized representative. The total process is expected to take approximately four weeks.
For the cases initially filed for premium processing, the 15-day premium processing period begins on April 12, the day petitions were selected through the random selection process.
USCIS will provide additional updates as the processing of FY 2008 H-1B cap cases continues.
"""
04/14/2007: USCIS Update of H-1B Cap Processing, 04/13/2007

As reported earlier, USCIS conducted the random selection for lottery on Thursday, 04/12/2007. Their report indicates that a total of 123,480 cap-subject cases were idenified and received in two days, April 2, and April 3. These cases were then labeled with unique numerical identifiers and selected randomly by computer. The selected cases were then transmitted to the involved Service Centers for processing. The following is how the USCIS will process the cases from here on:
The winners of the lottery will receive the Receipt Notices from either CSC or VSC beginning from 04/12/2007.
Accordingly, those who have received Receipt Notices earlier than 04/12/2007 should know that those Receipt Notices do not constitute evidence of filing. The same will be true with those who have received approval notices, including premium processing cases earlier than 04/12//2007 either by mail or e-mail.
The 15-day premium processing period begins on 04/12/2007 if they were selected.
All those who have failed to be selected will receive return of the filings including their filing checks and it will take approximaely four weeks.
Well, pandemonium is about to be over. All stakeholders, including the stakeholder agency and the stakeholder consumers and their representatives, should have learnt a lesson from the pandemonium the importance of integrity of legal process and ethical behaviors as a decent member of the society. There have been unconfirmed reports that some employers sent in multiple identical petitions for the same alien to win in the selection process. People may recall that the Diversity Lottery was one time tained by such reprehensive behaviors of the participants sending in even hundreds of lotteries by the same participant despite the government rule prohibiting such behavior. Reportedly, the current electronic registration method of the lottery has more or less helped the agency to deal with these violators. There is no information available about the USCIS action on these multiple filing cases in the H-1B lottery. It will be interesting to wait and see on this issue.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

canada_hope will become famous soon enoughcanada_hope will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Manish
04/14/2007: USCIS Update of H-1B Cap Processing, 04/13/2007
I do not see them talking anything about US Masters degree caps (20000) in that press release. Do you guys know anything about it? Are they still accepting applications for 20K or are they done with it?

My application was delivered to CSC on April 5th (according to USPS), do you guys think if I have a chance to get an H-1B approved (under US masters degree cap)?

Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:11 pm
J. J. Farrell

On Apr 15, 9:08 am, canada_hope <[email protected]>
wrote:
> >http://www.immigration-law.com/
> > 04/14/2007: USCIS Update of H-1B Cap Processing, 04/13/2007
> ...
> I do not see them talking anything about US Masters degree caps (20000)
> in that press release. Do you guys know anything about it? Are they
> still accepting applications for 20K or are they done with it?
>
> My application was delivered to CSC on April 5th (according to USPS), do
> you guys think if I have a chance to get an H-1B approved (under US
> masters degree cap)?

Try reading the group before posting. This has been discussed
frequently over the last couple of weeks. The last post on the subject
was a day or two ago when there were still about 7,000 available.

Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

canada_hope will become famous soon enoughcanada_hope will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by J. J. Farrell
On Apr 15, 9:08 am, canada_hope <[email protected]>
wrote:
Try reading the group before posting. This has been discussed
frequently over the last couple of weeks. The last post on the subject
was a day or two ago when there were still about 7,000 available.
I am sorry! my post was not very clear. I had seen that press release that you are talking about. But I was just curious that they did not talk anything about masters degree quota in the newest press release. I was expecting something like "we are still accepting or monitoring US Masters applications" or something like that or just give an update that how many applications they have received or counted so far.

Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

So if I (or my US immigration lawyer or prospective employer) have not received a receipt yet does that mean my H1B petition has not been one of those randomly selected?
Selection was done April 12 is now April 16. how long should I leave it before I open my bottle of jack Daniels?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.