Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long should it take to receive I129f receipt notification?

Wikiposts

How long should it take to receive I129f receipt notification?

Old May 30th 2002, 3:20 pm
Ramon Graham

Default How long should it take to receive I129f receipt notification?

I sent my I129f application on May 13th certified mail with return receipt requested,
but to this date have not received anything including my return receipt. Nor has the
check been cashed. Should I be concerned or is this normal? What will the INS send to
indicate they have received the application and are processing it? Can you please
explain some of the acronyms used here like NOA?

Thanks, Ramon

Old May 30th 2002, 10:33 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long should it take to receive I129f receipt notification?

Well I sent my petition to Nebraska on May 20th overnight mail with a return receipt. On May 25th they sent me a paper stating they got the petition & an estimate how many days it could take to process it & a phone number. Also a LIN# that when you call the service center you sent the petition to you punch in that number & they tell you the status of your petition. I sent a money order instead cause IMO things will go a bit faster then sending in a personal check cause that takes longer for it to clear. So that is probaly why you havent heard anything. If you dont get something soon tho you might wanna call the service center you sent the petition to & ask.

Oh NOA means Notice Of Action- the first one is what I got in the mail, when you get the 2nd one that means your petition has been approved.

Last edited by PEACHSTER; May 30th 2002 at 10:35 pm.