how long can you stay per year

Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:27 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long can you stay per year

Originally Posted by lyndonthompson
why would that be? I mean not being allowed in.

the property would be a bigger loss financially than the equipment. i suppose you mean I could sell the property, but likewise I could always get someone to take down the equipment and ship it back.

I see you live in Phoenix. Payson and Cottonwood are popular with astronomers.
You could claim you were a snowbird if you were of retirement age. Bit dicey at a younger age applying for a B2 visa -- this is the land of 2 weeks vacation/year and they don't comprehend how anyone could have so much time off otherwise.

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing -- but you need to be prepared for eventual trouble at the POE. Spend at least as much time out as you spend in, bring proof of ties to the UK, be completely honest when asked but don't volunteer information.

Payson and Cottonwood are on "The Rim" and clear of the pollution from "The Valley".
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Payson's "Waterwheel Park" has a wonderful hiking trail along a creek, natural little waterfalls, deep swimming holes...oh, and ummm...snakes! hehe.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you just need somwhere to hook up your Equipment and know of other Astronomers in the area, why not find one to take care of your stuff, share costs etc, no need to go to the hassle of buying a house etc.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyndonthompson
If you buy an holiday home in the US, how long are you allowed to stay in the country each year?

Regards
Hi:

In reading this string to date, I do think you need to consult with a competent immigration lawyer who does this type of work. Your question is what I call 'deceptively' simple. The deception comes in because your question is not simple at all.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

mumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud ofmumof4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Payson's "Waterwheel Park" has a wonderful hiking trail along a creek, natural little waterfalls, deep swimming holes...oh, and ummm...snakes! hehe.
yeh.snakes in Phoenix. No one mentioned that one when we looked into moving here! Wish I'd read this website last year
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:30 am
Just Joined

jon06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mumof4
yeh.snakes in Phoenix. No one mentioned that one when we looked into moving here! Wish I'd read this website last year
I have done 3 x 90 day trips in one year some have done four; the max stay is 180 days per year..you will probably visit secondary (as I have done). If you do 2 x90 you will likely be questioned the same if you did 10 x 18..how are you paying for your trip, what ties do you have to 'home' etc.

B2 visa in reality changes nothing and you are likely to be refused which will show on future visits (but may not affect travel). Rent a home in AZ and travel to other countries for your hobby!!