Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How long after citizenship interview to get decision?

How long after citizenship interview to get decision?

Old Jan 18th 2019, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

onetimeonly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long after citizenship interview to get decision?

From recent experiences, how long do you have to wait to get a decision letter typically? If you have an online account does that update sooner? I have my interview next week, so I'm curious how long the waiting game is after that's out of the way.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 10:57 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after citizenship interview to get decision?

If they can, they will give a decision at the interview. If they can't, it can be any length of time depending on the reason.

The online portal always receives uploads faster than it can get to you via USPS.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

They will tell you at the interview if they are going to recommend you for approval or not. My approval appeared in the online system later that same day.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I was given a decision at the interview and told to return at 2pm that day for the oath ceremony. That took place, so at about 2:20 the same day, I was a citizen!

This was in Atlanta just a few years ago. I'm pretty sure it's different now.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

You’re given an N-652 with the decision immediately , even if the decision is that they couldn’t make a decision . It will list the result of the civics test, the English test and whether you’ve been approved , pending further review or are to receive an RFE for further documentation.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

onetimeonly is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an approval letter at the interview and I just got an oath date for next month. Can't wait
Old Jan 25th 2019, 3:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the record, at my interview which was at a very busy USCIS office, Manhattan, in summer 2017, the interviewing officer said that she was recommending my approval but that her supervisor wouldn't be able to sign it off immediately and that I'd hear from them if there was a problem. I got my oath ceremony letter a few weeks later.