Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How Do I Obtain a Fingerprint Renewal Notice?

Wikiposts

How Do I Obtain a Fingerprint Renewal Notice?

Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all
Default How Do I Obtain a Fingerprint Renewal Notice?

A little background about my situation:

I had my Interview for AOS based on a marriage to a USC in May 2004 in NYC, the DAO could not approve my case on the day of the interview due to outstanding background check. It turned out that CIS had mixed my fingerprints with an alien number different than my actual one.
I contacted my local congressman in September 2004, wrote to the Ombudsman in December 2004. I got the same answer from both sources which was "CIS will soon merge your two files", nothing has happened so far! and my fingerprints are expiring next week.

I originally gave my fingerprints for AOS at the beginning of January 2004, since they are valid for 15 months, they are due to expire next week. I have not received any fingerprints renewal notice as of yet. And I am afraid that since my original fingerprints were recorded under a wrong alien number, I might not get such a notice.

How then should I do for CIS to send me a fingerprint renewal notice with my regular alien number as soon as possible?

P.S: I applied in September 2002 in NYC!!!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2005, 7:11 pm
Jonathan McNeil Wong

Default Re: How Do I Obtain a Fingerprint Renewal Notice?

Ndori wrote:
    > A little background about my situation:
    >
    > I had my Interview for AOS based on a marriage to a USC in May 2004 in
    > NYC, the DAO could not approve my case on the day of the interview due
    > to outstanding background check. It turned out that CIS had mixed my
    > fingerprints with an alien number different than my actual one.
    > I contacted my local congressman in September 2004, wrote to the
    > Ombudsman in December 2004. I got the same answer from both sources
    > which was "CIS will soon merge your two files", nothing has happened so
    > far! and my fingerprints are expiring next week.
    >
    > I originally gave my fingerprints for AOS at the beginning of January
    > 2004, since they are valid for 15 months, they are due to expire next
    > week. I have not received any fingerprints renewal notice as of yet. And
    > I am afraid that since my original fingerprints were recorded under a
    > wrong alien number, I might not get such a notice.
    >
    > How then should I do for CIS to send me a fingerprint renewal notice
    > with my regular alien number as soon as possible?
    >
    > P.S: I applied in September 2002 in NYC!!!!!!
    >
Fingerprints are not scheduled by the local office; the scheduler runs
at the SC. Just sit tight; if in the next six months nothing happens,
then make another inquiry.

--
Above intended as general commentary, not specific legal
advice. Your mileage may vary.

================================================== =============
Jonathan McNeil Wong Voice: 510-451-0544
Donahue Gallagher Woods LLP Facsimile: 510-832-1486
P.O. Box 12979 URL: http://www.donahue.com
Oakland, CA 94604-2979 E-mail: [email protected]
================================================== =============

Old Apr 1st 2005, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

Ndori, Its been over 15 months since my fingerprints too. I havnt recieved a notice either. I am going through an attorney and she did not inform me that I would have to have my fingerprints done again. I am sure if my notice was lost they would have gotten one. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Ndori
A little background about my situation:

I had my Interview for AOS based on a marriage to a USC in May 2004 in NYC, the DAO could not approve my case on the day of the interview due to outstanding background check. It turned out that CIS had mixed my fingerprints with an alien number different than my actual one.
I contacted my local congressman in September 2004, wrote to the Ombudsman in December 2004. I got the same answer from both sources which was "CIS will soon merge your two files", nothing has happened so far! and my fingerprints are expiring next week.

I originally gave my fingerprints for AOS at the beginning of January 2004, since they are valid for 15 months, they are due to expire next week. I have not received any fingerprints renewal notice as of yet. And I am afraid that since my original fingerprints were recorded under a wrong alien number, I might not get such a notice.

How then should I do for CIS to send me a fingerprint renewal notice with my regular alien number as soon as possible?

P.S: I applied in September 2002 in NYC!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

The issue I have is that my first set of fingerprints was not recorded under my real alien number, and I want to make sure that this time the same mistake is not repeated.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

I would make sure that when you do go this time they fill out the right paperwork and confirm. You can also confirm the A# after they are done with the FP by calling them, those results are usually available immiediatly. I have also heard that FPs are only good for 15 months. I wonder why my attorney has not mentioned anything about that I just talked with them yesterday.

Originally Posted by Ndori
The issue I have is that my first set of fingerprints was not recorded under my real alien number, and I want to make sure that this time the same mistake is not repeated.