Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How do I get someone to offer me a job in the US when I'm in the UK?

Wikiposts

How do I get someone to offer me a job in the US when I'm in the UK?

Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:32 am
Just Joined

janine82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I get someone to offer me a job in the US when I'm in the UK?

Is the only way of working in the US if you are skilled and desperatly required by the US employer?

Can I not get a company transfer for a basic position such as an Admin assistant?

My dad is a US citizen after moving there and marrying.

I'm 21 and trying to get out there with him....Can someone help please?

Thanks
Janine
Old Jun 29th 2004, 5:24 am
Just Joined

aspen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How do I get someone to offer me a job in the US when I'm in the UK?

Originally posted by janine82
Is the only way of working in the US if you are skilled and desperatly required by the US employer?

**Basically, yes. You need to be at least degreed/highly skilled to get into the US on any type of work permit/visa. The guidelines on the L1B visas are really tough. At a minimum...you must be degreed.**

Can I not get a company transfer for a basic position such as an Admin assistant?

**HIGHLY doubtful....unless you have something in particular to offer (such as a trainer for admin assts for your company etc)**

My dad is a US citizen after moving there and marrying.

**I would imagine you can apply for some type of family visa....maybe someone knows of one in particular....**

I'm 21 and trying to get out there with him....Can someone help please?

Thanks
Janine