how can i stay??

Old Nov 14th 2002, 7:55 am
Just Joined

twinklestar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how can i stay??

hi! i came to the usa on the visa waiver programme from uk and have now overstayed my visa. i am now married and pregnant to us citizenship holder (we married after my visa expired) now i do not want to go back. What can i do????
Old Nov 14th 2002, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Scarlet196 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how can i stay??

Originally posted by twinklestar
hi! i came to the usa on the visa waiver programme from uk and have now overstayed my visa. i am now married and pregnant to us citizenship holder (we married after my visa expired) now i do not want to go back. What can i do????
i was advised by a immigration lawyer that you can stay in the country as long as you didnt have intent in staying in the country. Then you can apply for you permident residency through the embassy nearest to you.

All the best with your pregnancy, im 4 months pregant and very excited as its my first.

shana
Old Nov 14th 2002, 10:27 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by twinklestar
You are here, you are married, do not leave, file for adjustment of status at your local INS office. File forms I-130, I-485, G-325A's, etc. To help you out go to:
http://k1.exit.com/touristframes.html

It will tell you how to adjust status and exactly what forms you need. Read it and come back with your questions.

Congratulations on your marriage and pregnancy.

Rete
Old Nov 14th 2002, 9:37 pm
Mrtravel

Rete wrote:
    >
    > Originally posted by twinklestar
    > > hi! i came to the usa on the visa waiver programme from uk and have
    > > now overstayed my visa. i am now married and pregnant to us
    > > citizenship holder (we married after my visa expired) now i do not
    > > want to go back. What can i do????
    >
    > You are here, you are married, do not leave, file for adjustment of
    > status at your local INS office. File forms I-130, I-485, G-325A's,
    > etc. To help you out go to:
    > http://k1.exit.com/touristframes.html

Before you entered on the Visa Waiver, did you plan to get marry on this
visit and remain in the US?
What did INS ask you when you entered the US?
How did you reply?