how best to move to florida

Old May 22nd 2012, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how best to move to florida

Originally Posted by sunnysideup
I would never have given the place a thought, but I got offered a very good job here 20 years ago. I've moved around a bit in the interim but I came back. What is Florida? Is it the favelas of the poorest parts of Miami? The sidewalk cafes of South Beach? The old Jewish money of West Palm Beach or the new yankee money of Naples. Or the Brit holiday homes of Kissimmee or the meth labs of Polk county or the banjos playing in the forests of Ocala (ok, just my imagination ) Or the Southern attitude of LA (not that one, I mean the Central time zone, aka Lower Alabama). My Florida is a boat and an uninhabited barrier island. There you'll find the majesty of the bald eagle, the osprey dive bombing for fish, pelicans skimming the surf and laughing gulls arguing over scraps of my Cuban sandwich. A half mile out in the gulf dive in and swim with a school of dolphins then swim to a sandbar and try not to freak out at the size of the rays bumping into you. Yes, there's magic here, but for me not at the House of the Mouse.
So I don't knock it. I understand.
you just summed it up perfectly.once people realise Fla is more than just theme parks they get to see some of the beauty. sitting on the beach watching the sunset is pretty hard to beat.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:59 pm
Waiting for GC

Linda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It's somewhat of a standing joke around here. Everybody and his dog wants to move to Florida...after spending a few weeks on vacation they think it's paradise. For some reason Brits think they can just up sticks and move across the pond and life will then turn into some sort of utopia.
Actually, the majority of US natives have no idea at all how difficult it is to come and live in the USA- so maybe we can forgive the ignorance of the Brits regarding the same?
Old May 22nd 2012, 4:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda44
Actually, the majority of US natives have no idea at all how difficult it is to come and live in the USA- so maybe we can forgive the ignorance of the Brits regarding the same?
Why would Americans need to know...they are already living here? Just as most Brits have no idea of the UK immigration process.

Besides the 'joke' isn't about the immigration process...
Old May 22nd 2012, 5:39 pm
Waiting for GC

Linda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really niceLinda44 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why would Americans need to know...they are already living here? Just as most Brits have no idea of the UK immigration process.

Besides the 'joke' isn't about the immigration process...
I was trying to ignore "the joke". Too many posters seem to have a superior and unhelpful attitude towards those who ask about the immigration process, not to mention Florida! I mean ,it's a perfectly acceptable thing to ask on an immigration forum, and didn't the negative posters ever have a dream?

Many Americans seem to know enough about illegal immigration -at least they run their mouths about it enough whenever you utter the "I" word, so one might assume that if you're so keen to slate the illegals then maybe take a look at what's involved in the legal process.
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:11 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Too many posters seem to have a superior and unhelpful attitude towards those who ask about the immigration process, not to mention Florida! I mean ,it's a perfectly acceptable thing to ask on an immigration forum, and didn't the negative posters ever have a dream
So I've read the thread all the way through, but failed to see your humble and helpful reply to the original question. Would be most grateful if you could point it out to me.
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

so one might assume that if you're so keen to slate the illegals then maybe take a look at what's involved in the legal process.
The legal process is 'involved' and costly thats why the US is probably one of the hardest countries to immigrate to. Legally!
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
In my years on here I think I can safely say that those who migrate because they want to leave/escape the UK are more likely to be massively disappointed in their new lives. Those that go for family and/or a life experience seem to enjoy their lives and have fewer problems settling. Generally speaking obviously.
Yeah I can take that, I think its that old cliche of...'it's not for everyone'
I have two sets of aunts and uncles who live in Adelaide.
One aunt hates Aussie, whilst the other loves it!
Old May 22nd 2012, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was trying to ignore "the joke". Too many posters seem to have a superior and unhelpful attitude towards those who ask about the immigration process, not to mention Florida! I mean ,it's a perfectly acceptable thing to ask on an immigration forum, and didn't the negative posters ever have a dream?
Some people may think that the PLEASE READ ME thread might get a look first.

Or a quick search for the very many very similar threads.

I could not comment.

There is a difference between having a dream and being in one.
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:46 am
Waiting for GC

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
The legal process is 'involved' and costly thats why the US is probably one of the hardest countries to immigrate to. Legally!
Really!
Old May 23rd 2012, 11:50 am
Waiting for GC

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So I've read the thread all the way through, but failed to see your humble and helpful reply to the original question. Would be most grateful if you could point it out to me.
You don't see it -it's not there. Perfectly straight forward really. I feel no need to repeat what others have told the OP regarding the likelihood of a visa.
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:08 pm
Waiting for GC

Originally Posted by Boiler
Some people may think that the PLEASE READ ME thread might get a look first.

Or a quick search for the very many very similar threads.

I could not comment.

There is a difference between having a dream and being in one.
The PLEASE READ ME THREAD hasn't been updated since Feb 2011 and is closed.
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

The PLEASE READ ME THREAD hasn't been updated since Feb 2011 and is closed.
What's your point?

Are you saying the thread is outdated with invalid information that needs updating?

Or are you just pointing out the obvious?
Old May 23rd 2012, 12:15 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

You don't see it -it's not there. Perfectly straight forward really. I feel no need to repeat what others have told the OP regarding the likelihood of a visa.
I thought other replies were condescending and unhelpful. I expect you to lead by example given your complaint. Show us a humble yet helpful reply to the original question....or get off the pot.
Old May 23rd 2012, 4:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
What's your point?

Are you saying the thread is outdated with invalid information that needs updating?

Or are you just pointing out the obvious?
Indeed and it also doesn't need discussing.

It's got all the googling done for someone, in one spot.