how best to move to florida

Old May 20th 2012, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how best to move to florida

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It's somewhat of a standing joke around here. Everybody and his dog wants to move to Florida...
thats so funny, cos we did bring him!!
Attached Thumbnails how best to move to florida-img_2138-copy.jpg   how best to move to florida-marley-car.jpg   how best to move to florida-img_5721.jpg  
Old May 20th 2012, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's her name on Eastenders did it.

And The Office.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trublu
we have money in the bank so a few hundred $$ a months on bills wouldnt be a problem
Aside from the previously stated visa problem, "a few hundred $$ a months on bills" should be a few thousand a month on bills when you take everything into consideration. On vacation you probably only see about 10% of the actual costs involved in living somewhere.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
What's her name on Eastenders did it.

And The Office.
Cilla from Corrie went to Vegas...loved it so decided to move there.
Old May 20th 2012, 9:53 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I've only been to Orlando, and it was great, no, the theme parks were great, the town itself was a souless mass of ugliness, in a horrible climate. I do not even understand the attraction.
Old May 20th 2012, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

we have money in the bank so a few hundred $$ a months on bills wouldnt be a problem and we have tried out cyprus for 5 years but just felt something was missing we have been to various parts of florida a few time and just love it there there a lot of expats there surely there is a way of getting in without fitting the obvious requirements
I think you answered your own question. Think about it: the US would be overrun with immigrants if it was easy and anybody could just bypass the visa categories that are there. Deliberately only a tiny percentage of those that want to go will be able to go. If you're not in that tiny percentage then unfortunately you'll only be visiting. Set your sights on somewhere where you do qualify - or work towards becoming qualified which can be a very long term goal as others here have said.
Old May 20th 2012, 11:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I've only been to Orlando, and it was great, no, the theme parks were great, the town itself was a souless mass of ugliness, in a horrible climate. I do not even understand the attraction.
I live within 90 miles of that ....we call it whorelando
I agree with your sentiment
Old May 21st 2012, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando is awful - if someone wants to move to the US on the basis of visiting there, then they really should expand their horizons a bit and visit somewhere else!
Old May 21st 2012, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
...and has one of the largest jails I've ever seen! I had to get my (then) BiL out after he and my sis had a fight when they came over for a holiday (I live in Georgia). It's a small city!

Oh, and it's full of Brits too!

Also, Orlando, especially around I4, has one of the worst accident rates in the country. Many Brits come here and hire a car, only to find it handles a lot different to back in Blighty, not to mention the fact that everything is on the 'wrong' side of the road!

P.S. I wish I had a dollar for every post about people thinking they should be allowed to more to the States 'because they want to'. The grass is always greener...
Old May 21st 2012, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Guindalf
The grass is always greener...
For many it is. For the unfortunate few it isnt.
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:58 am
Occasionally here

sunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
for us it was always Florida. I know some people knock it but we love it.
I would never have given the place a thought, but I got offered a very good job here 20 years ago. I've moved around a bit in the interim but I came back. What is Florida? Is it the favelas of the poorest parts of Miami? The sidewalk cafes of South Beach? The old Jewish money of West Palm Beach or the new yankee money of Naples. Or the Brit holiday homes of Kissimmee or the meth labs of Polk county or the banjos playing in the forests of Ocala (ok, just my imagination ) Or the Southern attitude of LA (not that one, I mean the Central time zone, aka Lower Alabama). My Florida is a boat and an uninhabited barrier island. There you'll find the majesty of the bald eagle, the osprey dive bombing for fish, pelicans skimming the surf and laughing gulls arguing over scraps of my Cuban sandwich. A half mile out in the gulf dive in and swim with a school of dolphins then swim to a sandbar and try not to freak out at the size of the rays bumping into you. Yes, there's magic here, but for me not at the House of the Mouse.
So I don't knock it. I understand.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with staying in Britain (says she living in Aus ). Get out and about, open your eyes and see what a bloody fantastic island it is. Ok so there are a few managerial issues at the moment but there are everywhere in the world. On the whole it's one of the greatest countries in the world and also one of the most beautiful. Pisses me off when people slag it off.
Old May 22nd 2012, 4:09 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

me and my family want to move to florida (orlando) we have been there 4 time and love the place we dont have 200k in the bank and have no connection to orlando or even america whats the best way to go about things in order for us to move to florida

thanks in advance
You don't mention that you are married, so any or all of you could find a local partner who is a US citizen, get married and move over within a relatively short time. Let us know if you have more questions.
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:26 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nothing wrong with staying in Britain (says she living in Aus ). Get out and about, open your eyes and see what a bloody fantastic island it is. Ok so there are a few managerial issues at the moment but there are everywhere in the world. On the whole it's one of the greatest countries in the world and also one of the most beautiful. Pisses me off when people slag it off.
Oh, and your reason for moving to Australia was........?
Old May 22nd 2012, 8:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Oh, and your reason for moving to Australia was........?
Because the husband was born here to English parents, brought up in the UK, kids got dual nationality and for the very low price of about 500 quid (at the time) I got a Spouse Visa. We fancied a change of sky. Had he not been born here we would never have considered moving, were extremely happy there and we're extremely happy here but, never say never, we may well be extremely happy there again.

In my years on here I think I can safely say that those who migrate because they want to leave/escape the UK are more likely to be massively disappointed in their new lives. Those that go for family and/or a life experience seem to enjoy their lives and have fewer problems settling. Generally speaking obviously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.