How??

Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:57 am
Banned

USA1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How??

Hello everyone, I am in no way judging anyone or trying to offend anyone but it is very well known how difficult it is for someone from the UK and other countries to obtain visa's to work / live in the US. I am curious as to how people from certain countries can move to the US and do very unskilled jobs. For example, Chinese citizens working in Chinese restaurants (and other Asian citizens in their respective countries restaurants), people from the Caribbean employed in the US as custodians and people from South America doing very minimal jobs. I read recently there is a large number of Africans working in the US as Uber drivers. One more point is that a lot of these people are nowhere near fluent in English, some with zero knowledge of England. These are simply examples but these are very unskilled jobs.

Once again, I do not wish to be offensive or stereotype anyone but there are a lot of messages on this forum from UK citizens in highly skilled positions, with years of experience, some US educated and/or with multiple degrees but they struggle to gain a valid visa to relocate to the US.

I am very ignorant with knowledge of US immigration so can someone shed some light on this, to cure my curiosity!
Old Jan 30th 2020, 3:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How??

Welcome to BE

are you actually wishing to move to US or are you just curious?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

The largest group of immigrants are family members of USCs and green card holders. For us, we don’t need work visas and can work in any field. So these people that you are referring to are highly likely the immediate family members (siblings, parents, children) of people here.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA1234
Hello everyone, I am in no way judging anyone or trying to offend anyone but it is very well known how difficult it is for someone from the UK and other countries to obtain visa's to work / live in the US. I am curious as to how people from certain countries can move to the US and do very unskilled jobs. For example, Chinese citizens working in Chinese restaurants (and other Asian citizens in their respective countries restaurants), people from the Caribbean employed in the US as custodians and people from South America doing very minimal jobs. I read recently there is a large number of Africans working in the US as Uber drivers. One more point is that a lot of these people are nowhere near fluent in English, some with zero knowledge of England. These are simply examples but these are very unskilled jobs.

Once again, I do not wish to be offensive or stereotype anyone but there are a lot of messages on this forum from UK citizens in highly skilled positions, with years of experience, some US educated and/or with multiple degrees but they struggle to gain a valid visa to relocate to the US.

I am very ignorant with knowledge of US immigration so can someone shed some light on this, to cure my curiosity!
I'm not sure why you've opened another account, but please re-read our Site Rules and post only using your original username, thx.

Thread closed.