Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Hotels Near the London Consulate Any Advice ?

Wikiposts

Hotels Near the London Consulate Any Advice ?

Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

smurfyin2004 will become famous soon enough
Default Hotels Near the London Consulate Any Advice ?

Hi all

we are preparing to go to davids interview in London ( for his K1 Visa) in a few days, weve been looking at hotels around the consulate, We were just wondering if any of you had any good or bad experiences with hotels in this area before we book in the morning , also price is somewhat important we need to get by as cheap as possible so any cheaper, but close hotels are ok with us ? any idea's?

also i am going to london with david, i am the USC the notice he got said not to bring friends and that the fiance didnt normally need to attend, does this mean they will not let me in, or did anyone take there fiance with them? Should i just plan on staying outside or at the motel during his interview ?

thanks for any help in advance

amber
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotels Near the London Consulate Any Advice ?

Do a search for recent K-1 approvals in the UK or read the K-1 interview experiences. Everyone this past week or two who went to an interview in London posted where they stayed and rated it.

As for yourself, you will be allowed in but it not necessary for you to go there just for the interview. Does he have issues that having you with him might make you think your presence will sway the interviewer in his direction?

Originally Posted by smurfyin2004
Hi all

we are preparing to go to davids interview in London ( for his K1 Visa) in a few days, weve been looking at hotels around the consulate, We were just wondering if any of you had any good or bad experiences with hotels in this area before we book in the morning , also price is somewhat important we need to get by as cheap as possible so any cheaper, but close hotels are ok with us ? any idea's?

also i am going to london with david, i am the USC the notice he got said not to bring friends and that the fiance didnt normally need to attend, does this mean they will not let me in, or did anyone take there fiance with them? Should i just plan on staying outside or at the motel during his interview ?

thanks for any help in advance

amber
Old Jan 16th 2005, 1:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a few threads on this knocking around already....but places to stay, if you ain't fussy, the holiday inn- St Giles, just off the tottenham court road, cheap and ok, well it'll do ya, and ain't that far...plus there's loads to do around the consulate, hyde park and oxford/bond street and all that for puttering around.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 1:26 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Bryanston Court Hotel. Right across the street from Dr. Phelen's office. Cheap, clean, not fancy.

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:10 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi,
Bryanston Court Hotel. Right across the street from Dr. Phelen's office. Cheap, clean, not fancy.

~SecretGarden
Or its sister hotel the Concorde. Same thing, not the Ritz but it does the trick.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:23 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

I brought my, then, fiancé with me.

He wasn't able to attend the medical - not enough room, so he happily sat in one of the numerous Starbucks until I was done then came to the interview with me, well, he sat and gassed to some other bird while I was interviewed.

Just make sure you have some form of ID with you in order to enter the Embassy - your passport is recommended.

Good luck!
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:06 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

~SecretGarden
I did a search on this last week and came up with overall good reports on this and the concorde. I went on previous posts from cindyabs and californiabride and called and booked the cost is £49 for the night. Parking is in the NCP across the road at a cost of £38 per night (nice)

When is your interview?

alan
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by evoal2003
I did a search on this last week and came up with overall good reports on this and the concorde. I went on previous posts from cindyabs and californiabride and called and booked the cost is £49 for the night. Parking is in the NCP across the road at a cost of £38 per night (nice)

When is your interview?

alan
We have also booked in at the Bryanston for our interview, £89 per night for a double room.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:19 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

~SecretGarden
On this recomendation I booked here. Will tell you on feb 15th. $49 per night and parking is in the NCP accross the road £38 per night (nice, must include a service)

alan
ps when are you there?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 2:37 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
On this recomendation I booked here. Will tell you on feb 15th. $49 per night and parking is in the NCP accross the road £38 per night (nice, must include a service)

alan
ps when are you there?
Hi,
I don't know if you're asking the OP or me! My husband stayed at the Bryanston in January of 2004 when he had his K1 interview (successful!) Good luck with yours! I think that the fact that it's right across from the Dr.'s office is a great selling point. Also, I believe that check out time is 11 am---they will let you check out before you go to the medical (usually 8 am) and leave your bags at the front desk to be picked up after you're done.

Good luck!
~SecretGarden
Old Jan 17th 2005, 2:41 am
Hawkslayer

Ahhh.. The concorde Hotel. What fond memories I have of my stay there. I
only spent the night prior to my medical and interview for the K-3 there,
but what a night it was. Now, I'm not complaining, you get what you pay for
and the Concorde is cheap, the room was small, but clean. The amenities
however were a totally different matter. I could only get one channel on the
TV and I could not get an outside phone line, and I so wanted to call Kathy
and tell her how things were going.

But the icing on the cake was the couple in the room above mine. The
regularly, and repeatedly confirmed their love for each other with great
vigour, abandon and cries of delight, throughout the night. So much so that
I failed to get a single wink of sleep and must have looked a real dog's
breakfast when I arrived at Doctor Phelan's the following morning. It's a
miracle that I even passed the first hurdle on the way to a visa.

But I'll be staying there again when I go for my next interview in March or
April. Just have to hope that if the same couple are staying there and in
the same room, that some of the heat has gone from their relationship.

Alfie..

"cindyabs" <member3791@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> Hi,
    >> Bryanston Court Hotel. Right across the street from Dr. Phelen's
    >> office. Cheap, clean, not fancy. :)
    >> ~SecretGarden
    > Or its sister hotel the Concorde. Same thing, not the Ritz but it does
    > the trick.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:12 am
Just Joined

smurfyin2004 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rete
Do a search for recent K-1 approvals in the UK or read the K-1 interview experiences. Everyone this past week or two who went to an interview in London posted where they stayed and rated it.

As for yourself, you will be allowed in but it not necessary for you to go there just for the interview. Does he have issues that having you with him might make you think your presence will sway the interviewer in his direction?

No we have no issues with our visa, its very straight forward, high enough income, no children involved, first marriage for both, and weve known each other 4 years, i lived in england with him for 9 months, so i was just asking if i was allowed in as i would like to be part of the process as im in England so why should i not go as long as im allowed. That was all

our interview is next week

thanks again

amber
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:42 am
Payed up premium member

Originally Posted by smurfyin2004
No we have no issues with our visa, its very straight forward, high enough income, no children involved, first marriage for both, and weve known each other 4 years, i lived in england with him for 9 months, so i was just asking if i was allowed in as i would like to be part of the process as im in England so why should i not go as long as im allowed. That was all

our interview is next week

thanks again

amber
Not that you'll need it but good luck

alan