hotel recommendations??

Old Nov 25th 2002, 12:44 am
Just Joined

ncchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hotel recommendations??

hi! just found this site and wish i had found it earlier! anyway, we just got word that my fiance's visa interview in london (for a fiance visa to come to the states of course) is jan 3. yippee! i am flying over there for moral support. we want to stay in london the night before his interview, close by to where the medical and interview will be.

does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel? an area to look in? a website maybe?

thanks so much -- its been a long road but we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

jennifer
Old Nov 25th 2002, 12:54 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hotel recommendations??

Originally posted by ncchick
hi! just found this site and wish i had found it earlier! anyway, we just got word that my fiance's visa interview in london (for a fiance visa to come to the states of course) is jan 3. yippee! i am flying over there for moral support. we want to stay in london the night before his interview, close by to where the medical and interview will be.

does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel? an area to look in? a website maybe?

thanks so much -- its been a long road but we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

jennifer
Ooh, ooh.....I'll get in on this too, if you don't mind. HOPEFULLY, I'll be needing one soon!!! (C'mon, TSC, get a wriggle on!!!! I promise to send you a Crimbo card......... )
Good luck for your interview!!!!!!!
Kate. xxxxx
Old Nov 25th 2002, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

do a search for postings made by rogerpennycate, I think Roger stayed in a hotel near the emabssy and posted details.

At least I think it was Roger, it may have been someone else, but Rogers postings are informative reading anyway

Good Luck

Simon
Old Nov 25th 2002, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by simon bland
do a search for postings made by rogerpennycate, I think Roger stayed in a hotel near the emabssy and posted details.

At least I think it was Roger, it may have been someone else, but Rogers postings are informative reading anyway

Good Luck

Simon

Hi,
Thanks for that "accolade" Simon, not sure if I deserve it, however...
I really only have experience of London, so should be able to help.
I actually "had the nerve" to hang on booking my accommodation until the day before the interview and then used "book2night.com"
It's a web site of London hotels that at the last minute offers massive discounts to clear out their rooms that have not been sold. It's pot luck which hotels are available and whether you have the "bottle" to wait until the last minute. What you could do is have a look at the site in the next few days and get a feel for the discounts on offer and decide, lots of folks don't want to leave it until the last minute, prefering to have everything sorted out in advance.
Probably a better and more recent source than me (my interview was in July) is the well known Blackpool Football supporter (and notorious Pirate).. Patrick (not to be confused with Patrick/. from Holland)
Patrick did lots of research into this (and everything else) if you look at his posting on his Interview day, a couple of weeks ago, it is probably the best account I've seen on here, in the 7/8 months I've been posting on here.
He still posts a lot on here and will no doubt also help you as much as possible (he has nothing else to do as his wife Ellen spends all day in the shoe shops )

Good luck
Old Nov 25th 2002, 10:39 pm
Denis Barlow

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:44:09 +0000, ncchick
wrote:

>hi! just found this site and wish i had found it earlier! anyway, we
    >just got word that my fiance's visa interview in london (for a fiance
    >visa to come to the states of course) is jan 3. yippee! i am flying over
    >there for moral support. we want to stay in london the night before his
    >interview, close by to where the medical and interview will be.
    >does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel? an area to look in? a
    >website maybe?
    >thanks so much -- its been a long road but we can now see the light at
    >the end of the tunnel.
    >jennifer

Try http://www.london.4u-hotels.com/

Denis

Denis

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can
die.

Old Nov 25th 2002, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

jennifer
Hi Jennifer,

Sorry I can't help with the accomodations, but I was wondering how long did your petition take and what service center did you use?

Good luck with the interview

Last edited by katnap8; Nov 25th 2002 at 11:23 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2002, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

jelly is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed at the Montcalm Hotel on Great Cumberland Place (Dr Phelan's office is just across the road)

We booked through

www.superbreak.com

They have a facility where you can look on the London map to see all the hotels near the location you want to be - Montcalm Hotel was the closest to Dr Phelans (where we went first)

Normally, a room at the hotel B & B is £300 total (4*)- we got it for £135. It was a lovely hotel and sooo convenient - it was nice to stay in a bit of luxury when I was so stressed out.

Hope that helps (and good luck)
Old Nov 26th 2002, 8:37 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

jennifer
We stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Savoy Court, its midway between the Doctors and the Embassy. Its worth staying there just for the lift. I also recommend a little italian round the corner from the Embassy called "la genova" on N. Audley Street.

Good Luck

Patrick
Old Nov 26th 2002, 11:21 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick,
How little was he??
Old Nov 26th 2002, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Scarlet196 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ncchick

jennifer
[/QUOTE

Hi Jennifer

ive got my interview for my i-130 on 13th December and ive booked a room at the Marbel Arch inn on www.britiansbesthotels.com its costing £65 for a twin room with a en-suit and a english breakfast. The hotel staff told me its about 10 min walk to the embassy which ist too bad.

All the very best with your fiancee's interview and good luck for the future and the wedding ]
Old Nov 26th 2002, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm staying in the Concorde Hotel on Great Cumberland Street for £59 Bed & Breakfast (Single room).

Their website is http://www.venere.it/uk/london/concorde/

But I have never stayed there before so I have no clue as to what it's like...it's on the same street as the doctor's, which was my reaosn for booking it.

Peace,

D.
Old Nov 26th 2002, 1:26 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Scarlet196
The hotel staff told me its about 10 min walk to the embassy which ist too bad.
Or 20 minutes waddle!