British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   From hopeless to Green Card in 10 short years (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/hopeless-green-card-10-short-years-893527/)

Orangepants Mar 6th 2017 9:24 pm

From hopeless to Green Card in 10 short years

It certainly doesn't feel like 10 years since I started this journey. It finished this morning when the green cards arrived in the mail.

We feel like we've been through the alphabet of visas. I've had a B-1/2, H-4, 0-3 and H-1B, and a J-1 through Work America as a student. I was supposed to start off with the L-1. If only I'd cut my losses when that one didn't work out!
OH had 2 x H-1B, B-1/2 and O-1 and a J-1 through Camp America.

I have learnt so much through reading here on BE, seeking out proper sources and being patient. Our lawyer was quite surprised at how much I knew about immigration - I told him there is a whole shady underworld of immigration peeps out there in BE land! Thanks for all your help in the early days when I was so green. Now off to celebrate.

tom169 Mar 6th 2017 9:27 pm

Re: From hopeless to Green Card in 10 short years

Congratulations! :)

Pulaski Mar 6th 2017 9:47 pm

Congratulations! It's hard to believe it's been ten years. :blink:

ian-mstm Mar 6th 2017 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Orangepants (Post 12198701)
It finished this morning when the green cards arrived in the mail.

Outstanding! :)

Ian

Jerseygirl Mar 6th 2017 11:29 pm

It certainly doesn't feel like 10 years since I started this journey. It finished this morning when the green cards arrived in the mail.

We feel like we've been through the alphabet of visas. I've had a B-1/2, H-4, 0-3 and H-1B, and a J-1 through Work America as a student. I was supposed to start off with the L-1. If only I'd cut my losses when that one didn't work out!
OH had 2 x H-1B, B-1/2 and O-1 and a J-1 through Camp America.

I have learnt so much through reading here on BE, seeking out proper sources and being patient. Our lawyer was quite surprised at how much I knew about immigration - I told him there is a whole shady underworld of immigration peeps out there in BE land! Thanks for all your help in the early days when I was so green. Now off to celebrate.

Congratulations you. :thumbsup:

AdobePinon Mar 7th 2017 12:51 am

Just five years left to go then. :sneaky:

Congrats!

PeterFrank Mar 8th 2017 12:15 am

Congrats!! I know what that moment feels like when the card arrives in the mail.

lizzyq Mar 9th 2017 1:25 am

Well done! Great to hear your good news.

Wibblypig Mar 11th 2017 3:59 am

Congratulations! It's a great feeling :thumbsup: