Homesick Hubby

Old Aug 1st 2001, 11:10 am
Ladiegrey

Hi all, as some of you may know my hubby is from the UK..(still going thru AOS
here)..but my question is this: is there anyone out there also from the UK who could
direct us to a place online(closer would've been better..lol) where i can get the
poor man some of the British food he so badly misses? (creamcakes are the
biggy)..he's a bit homesick and i'm having no luck in our area (Portland, Maine), the
best we've found up here is "Earle Grey tea" :*( thanks in advance* Deb and John

Old Aug 1st 2001, 11:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Deb

You are going to get lots of replies to this. There have been so many sites posted over the years for just this thing. Steve and Lisa have a UK/US couple chatroom/board setup for homesick UK'ers.

I sympathize with you. Not easy helping the foreign spouse cope with the changes of the move.

Rita
Old Aug 1st 2001, 11:50 am
Grinch

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

http://www.britsintheus.com/

Grinch

Old Aug 1st 2001, 11:56 am
Steve & Lisa

Deb & John,

We have a listing for foods and restaurants in the US. If I remember correctly you
are located in Maine, yes? If so there is a store in Maine that carries UK goods.

Here are the links to our food and restaurant pages.
http://www.britsintheus.com/foods.htm http://www.britsintheus.com/restaurants.htm

You can find online and real world stores, restaurants, pubs and tea rooms there.

I don't know if you have an Elephant and Castle near you, but Steve and I were in PA,
stopped in one, and had a Lamb Curry that was quite nice. He also had a Double
Diamond Lager......lol and after taking the first sip remembered why he stopped
drinking it in the UK. ;o)

Lisa www.britsintheus.com

Hi all, as some of you may know my hubby is from the UK..(still going thru AOS
here)..but my question is this: is there anyone out there also from the UK who could
direct us to a place online(closer would've been better..lol) where i can get the
poor man some of the British food he so badly misses? (creamcakes are the
biggy)..he's a bit homesick and i'm having no luck in our area (Portland, Maine), the
best we've found up here is "Earle Grey tea" :*( thanks in advance* Deb and John

Old Aug 1st 2001, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

lambchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default deb in maine

hi deb,

could you please get in touch with me!

lambchop|
Old Aug 1st 2001, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

lambchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default deb/john in maine

i forgot to give you my e-mail address!

[email protected]

please get in touch!
Old Aug 1st 2001, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

why don't you go to the website: http://www.bbcamerica.com,
then click on the British Goods and see what they have to offer.
Perhaps you can even sign up for the BBC America TV station, and he can watch English TV as well.
It worked for me and my honey is happy as a pig in you know what.
Old Aug 2nd 2001, 2:43 am
Kathie

Hi Deb and John,

If you happen to find yourself in the Plymouth MA area (yeah, I know it isn't just a
hop skip and jump from Portland) there is a shop right on the main drag (Court
street?) in the town which carries British foods. They also operate on the web, and I
assume by mail. Have been in the shop myself, but notice from the website that they
carry British meaty things. (British sausages, steak pies, bridies, mealy puddings
etc.) Not all places carry these types of things. We will be trying them out fairly
soon as hubby is getting homesick.

www.britishsupplies.com I believe.

Hope this helps.

Kathie and Dougie

Old Aug 2nd 2001, 3:01 am
Lbrty4us

>
homesick and i'm having no luck in our area (Portland, Maine)<

<tongue-in-cheek>Perhaps if you'll whisk him down to Three Dollar Dewey's in the Old
Port for a few British ales, he may cheerfully forget that the Brits can't cook.