Hoffage’s N400 thread

Old Apr 17th 2018, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hoffage’s N400 thread

Hi guys!

It has been a while since I have been on. Are Pulaski, Nora, Ian mstm Horace etc still around?

Anywho ... just to give an update: finally filed my N400. Estimated completion date - 12 months.

Submitted all required documentation online. That includes the following:
Marriage Certificate
Kids birth certificates
Wife’s birth certificate
My deed poll change confirmation of my surname when I lived in the UK
3 years tax returns (2014,2015,2016)
Both sides of my PR card.

Hopefully it will be a fairly smooth process and not take too long!

Hoffage
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:45 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoffage’s N400 thread

Hi Hoffage,

Good to see you again! How time flies! Congrats on reaching the next and final USCIS milestone

Ian has left us , Pulaski appears to be on sabbatical.

New posters come and go, the topics largely stay the same.

Lizzy
Old Apr 17th 2018, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and nice to see you again. Still in Rochester? How is the film career coming along?

N-400's are the easiest of the petitions for USCIS. They really do want you to naturalize. If you don't have the 2017 tax transcript yet, you can bring that to your interview. The children's birth records are a good proof of marriage and the tax records are to show that you are a responsible member of US society. You might want to bring some items that show you are still married when you go for the interview. My husband took me along with him for his interview and the interviewing officer came out to meet me.

Look forward to your updates.

BTW certain members have been missing for various reasons, both good and bad, for a while now.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hoffage! I'm still here! Good luck with your citizenship process!

Rene
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Hi and nice to see you again. Still in Rochester? How is the film career coming along?

N-400's are the easiest of the petitions for USCIS. They really do want you to naturalize. If you don't have the 2017 tax transcript yet, you can bring that to your interview. The children's birth records are a good proof of marriage and the tax records are to show that you are a responsible member of US society. You might want to bring some items that show you are still married when you go for the interview. My husband took me along with him for his interview and the interviewing officer came out to meet me.

Look forward to your updates.

BTW certain members have been missing for various reasons, both good and bad, for a while now.

Hi Rete!

I am still in Rochester and have moved on to content marketing and digital Strategy - gutted to hear that Ian isn’t part of the forums, but totally respect his need to step away. Ah, change!

Hoffage
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:07 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

How time flies eh hoffage????

My 5 year will be August 21st. so I shall be going down this road soon too.... although with Atlanta currently taking 10-18 months, it might be awhile.

Hope you're ok!

gutted to hear that Ian isn’t part of the forums, but totally respect his need to step away
Gone but not forgotten. Wherever you are Ian, I hope you're ok!
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also, I now have a one year old daughter - not sure I can scan her into the system though lol � ����
Old Apr 17th 2018, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by civilservant
How time flies eh hoffage????

My 5 year will be August 21st. so I shall be going down this road soon too.... although with Atlanta currently taking 10-18 months, it might be awhile.

Hope you're ok!

Gone but not forgotten. Wherever you are Ian, I hope you're ok!
Hi Civil,

It’s crazy how time flies - wishing you good vibes for your process also
Old Apr 17th 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

EricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to allEricK is a name known to all

I can give you an idea of our timeline - we are in CT, my wife submitted N400 in November 2017, had biometrics in December and has her interview tomorrow in Latham NY.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Boston here. Application online in February, interview is next week.
Curious, were you requested to provide tax returns? We were not, nor does the letter we got for next weeks appointment request we bring them. Have others needed them? I don’t want to print off a whole bunch of stuff and then not need it, but equally don’t want to delay anything for not having it.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 11:16 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'v completed my online application in preparation for my 90 day advance filing on May 23rd (yep, have to click back in in a few weeks to keep it active) and it didn't request tax returns, but I uploaded them anyway. I will be taking them to the interview, just in case.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The tax returns are to show good moral standing. Bring them to the interview.

Rene
Old Apr 18th 2018, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes it says on the online form that the other evidence like tax returns should be brought to the interview but you can ‘choose’ to upload a copy of them to help with processing.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't requested to upload my tax returns either. I recall I was asked to upload a copy of my GC, wedding certificate and child's birth certificate. That's about it. However, I'm a 5 year eligibility applicant (closer to 10 years now) , not a 3-year applicant by marriage to a US citizen.

I did however upload my tax transcripts for the past three years. They are available to download for free from the IRS website.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Are we talking about the returns you submit to the IRS (as in not really confirmed), or the transcripts you can download from the IRS website (which are just a summary IIRC, but are "accepted")?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.