Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Hey people I made a very stupid mistake....:(

Hey people I made a very stupid mistake....:(

Old Mar 21st 2021, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

nattythreads is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey people I made a very stupid mistake....:(

I've held a series of O1 Visas over a twenty year period. I lived primarily in Los Angeles. I still have a son over there who is an American citizen. Before lockdown really hit, I applied in haste for a B1 Visa to allow me to get back. It got refused at the Embassy and they cancelled my ESTA. it was a moment of madness but I wanted to get back to my girlfriend and not have to leave after a couple of months.

I have a sponsor for a new O1. But I'm wondering whether there is any chance they might reinstate my ESTA so I can complete application in the US? Its been fourteen months since I left. I have never overstayed a Visa.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks x
Old Mar 21st 2021, 4:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey people I made a very stupid mistake....:(

All you can do is apply for ESTA again to see if it gets approved. It won't be "reinstated", it will be a new one.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2021, 4:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

And if this is a new O-1 visa, it can't be completed from within the USA. Only an embassy outside the USA can issue a visa to the USA.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rene. I really appreciate that. I understand it would be a new ESTA - I'm just wondering what the likelihood is that they'll entertain it? I'd hate to get refused again for fear it might interfere with O1. I know that you're also allowed to stay in US during application and after approval for O1, although you can't get officially approved until visit to London US Embassy. We didn't actually return home as a family between 2009 and 2015 at one point.

I would appreciate any guidance you all have.

Thanks much to all x
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:03 pm

Even if the ESTA is denied, it shouldn't prohibit an O-1 approval. Different visa, different purpose.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

That's what I was told but I'm really nervous, Rene1 I just don't want to give another "Have you ever been denied...?" on my application. I just want to get an idea if after 14 mths they might turn round and say no. Plus I'd quite like to se my girlfriend and kid in next few months if at all possible. Thanks for replies. x
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

How would anybody on here know?

You apply and find out.They can always come and see you.

CR1 may be a better option.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Maybe someone who's had their ESTA application refused again? Rough guess...
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

How would they be able to compare their situation you yours or know what the factor is that resulted in their refusal?
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

FlameAura is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nattythreads
I just don't want to give another "Have you ever been denied...?" on my application.
You will have to answer yes to that question for the rest of your life, so it really does not matter that much anymore.

Apply for the ESTA, answering yes to that question, and see what the result is. There's nothing else anyone can do or advise.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Look I'm not here for an argument, mate. Just some advice.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

OK. Thanks. Fairly brutal on here
Old Mar 21st 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by nattythreads
That's what I was told but I'm really nervous, Rene1 I just don't want to give another "Have you ever been denied...?" on my application.
You already have to say it anyway... so you won't be saying it "again". Also, remember that ESTA is not a visa. So it depends how the question is worded.

I just want to get an idea if after 14 mths they might turn round and say no.
It's possible, yes.

Plus I'd quite like to se my girlfriend and kid in next few months if at all possible.
The only way to accomplish that is to risk applying for ESTA.

Rene
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

OK. I was wondering if anyone else had been in this position. Obviously no.
Old Mar 21st 2021, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.