British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/help-travelling-esta-criminal-record-724998/)

BILDER Aug 18th 2011 1:30 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by Resonate (Post 9566419)
Shop I stole from? Lol bit presumptuous ain't ya? I robbed a bank, and not with a gun, it was a victimless crime. Now they call it morally wrong!

Lol

"Lol" really was a victimless crime right?


Originally Posted by tht (Post 9566862)
Wow a bank with no employees or shareholders...

Or bank's insurance company, or police's valuable time, or court costs. If I was member of the Dark Forces, I would know exactly what to do with your application. My basketball skills need work anyway...swoosh into the trash can. :cool:

Weeze Aug 19th 2011 1:48 am

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by TranceMaster (Post 9566419)
Shop I stole from? Lol bit presumptuous ain't ya? I robbed a bank, and not with a gun, it was a victimless crime. Now they call it morally wrong!

Lol

Nice to see you have done your time and seen the error of your ways :sneaky: Sheesh.

Jonsie25 Aug 19th 2011 8:33 am

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by Weeze (Post 9568157)
Nice to see you have done your time and seen the error of your ways :sneaky: Sheesh.

I'd rather not get into a bitching fest. I will not be contacting/emailing the embassy, just be sitting it out and wait. I'm not expecting to hear anything until end of Sept at the earliest. However as soon as I hear anything I will keep you all informed of the outcome.

I am hopeful everything will be ok, I'll get the visa, i will then be transfered. If its not worth fighting for its not worth doing it so I'll just dig deep and wait!

TranceMaster Aug 19th 2011 8:39 am

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 
These lot will stop bashing me soon I hope.

Fair play mate, ice accepted now that I've lost my money. Even if I get the email today there is no way I'll get my passport back in time. Not happy, but you live and learn.

Hope you have a favourable outcome mate.

Jonsie25 Aug 19th 2011 8:41 am

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by TranceMaster (Post 9568659)
These lot will stop bashing me soon I hope.

Fair play mate, ice accepted now that I've lost my money. Even if I get the email today there is no way I'll get my passport back in time. Not happy, but you live and learn.

Hope you have a favourable outcome mate.

I take it you will be re-arranging your holiday? You are 3 weeks ahead of me in the process so please keep me informed either way! Much appreciated

TranceMaster Aug 19th 2011 8:47 am

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 
I've done a deal with the travel agent. They are charging me an additional 1500 quid and we are pushing it back to next march. That's should be plenty of time for the embassy to pull their fingers out providing they do not fall back on the 16 weeks "or more" clause lol.

Gonna take the opportunity to catch the NASCAR whilst I'm in Vegas next march :)

Will keep you posted of when I get "the email". Getting pretty sick of jumping up every time I hear my computer pong only to find it's some clown trying to sell me Viagra lol

Jonsie25 Oct 20th 2011 11:44 am

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by TranceMaster (Post 9568659)
These lot will stop bashing me soon I hope.

Fair play mate, ice accepted now that I've lost my money. Even if I get the email today there is no way I'll get my passport back in time. Not happy, but you live and learn.

Hope you have a favourable outcome mate.

Got my email this morning for my waiver, just under 12 weeks for a B1 visa.

Hope you all have received yours!

TranceMaster Oct 20th 2011 11:54 am

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 
Finally got mine also. Interviewed 7th July, send passport email recd 18th oct. hope this helps others with timescales for waiver due to criminal convictions. I'm sending passport off tomoz. Will update how long that takes also.

materialcontroller Oct 20th 2011 12:35 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by Jonsie25 (Post 9685615)
Got my email this morning for my waiver, just under 12 weeks for a B1 visa.

Hope you all have received yours!

Please let us know once you receive your waiver whether it is valid for multiple entry and what kind of duration they have allowed.

TranceMaster Oct 20th 2011 12:49 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 
My 1st one 3 years ago was 6 months single entry.

She told me at interview she was recommending 12 months multi entry will see what arrives!

terminalvelociraptor Oct 20th 2011 12:52 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 9685695)
Please let us know once you receive your waiver whether it is valid for multiple entry and what kind of duration they have allowed.

Also interested to know whether those of you who chose a single purpose visa i.e. just B1, on the DS160 application, actually ended up recieving a dual purpose b1/b2, as i am currently waiting for the waiver for a b2, but may now also need to travel under b1 in the future.

Jonsie25 Oct 20th 2011 12:59 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by terminalvelociraptor (Post 9685734)
Also interested to know whether those of you who chose a single purpose visa i.e. just B1, on the DS160 application, actually ended up recieving a dual purpose b1/b2, as i am currently waiting for the waiver for a b2, but may now also need to travel under b1 in the future.

I applied for B1/B2 so both, although my first visit would be for business. I had to provide a letter work from work and explained my job role. No talk of any planned holidays.

Such a relief as work were putting pressure on as the embassy told me 2months and i was in week 11 nearly 12. Work were saying that I could not do my job so may have to look at alternatives! Likely the emailed arrived today to calm them down!

How long have you been waiting?

terminalvelociraptor Oct 20th 2011 1:02 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 
Interview was on the 11th of August, so i guess that puts me right at 10 weeks. Mine was to overcome a previous overstay though, so the wait could well be different.

materialcontroller Oct 20th 2011 1:56 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by terminalvelociraptor (Post 9685734)
Also interested to know whether those of you who chose a single purpose visa i.e. just B1, on the DS160 application, actually ended up recieving a dual purpose b1/b2, as i am currently waiting for the waiver for a b2, but may now also need to travel under b1 in the future.

When I applied last year for B2, the actual waiver/visa was annotated B1/B2. I may be wrong, but I believe these kinds of visas often are issued with both classifications.

terminalvelociraptor Oct 20th 2011 2:35 pm

Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record
 

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 9685874)
When I applied last year for B2, the actual waiver/visa was annotated B1/B2. I may be wrong, but I believe these kinds of visas often are issued with both classifications.

Fingers crossed then for a dual purpose multiple visit. Actually, fingers crossed first just for an official approval of any sort!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:53 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.