Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

help please with affadavit of support

Wikiposts

help please with affadavit of support

Old Jan 31st 2002, 9:20 am
Jeaniez56

Hi, My USC husband and i are filing the I130 and I485 to adjust status. I have a
child from a previous marriage who we will be filing for at the same time. One thing
i am unsure of regards the affadavit. When you come to the name of the immigrant do i
put my childs name in there as my husband is filing for her as his child (shes 4 and
he is therefore her step father)and an immediate relative to him or is it purely that
i just need a photocopy of my affadavit stating me as the immigrant just listing her
as my child in the box provided? Also i assume that on her I485 i put her down as
applying as an immediate relative of a USC rather than box b which says because her
parent has applied for adjustment of status. And does anyone know how i get a social
security number for her for medical insurance and tax purposes?

thanks in advance.

Jeanie