Wikiposts

help please

Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

spooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help please

Hi everyone, well my sister (a usc) who is sponsering me and hubby has filled in AOS and we have filled in DS230 and now we are just wondering how long the next stage will take and am i right in thinking the next step is police checks and medicals?. Thanks in advance for any help, Deb
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:08 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help please

Originally Posted by spooks
Hi everyone, well my sister (a usc) who is sponsering me and hubby has filled in AOS and we have filled in DS230 and now we are just wondering how long the next stage will take and am i right in thinking the next step is police checks and medicals?. Thanks in advance for any help, Deb

When did your sister file the I-130?

Are you in the US at the moment? If so, what visa did you arrive with and when?
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure what your question is exactly since I don't think adjustment of status would be applicable to you but it looks like siblings of US citizens have about an 8-9 year wait for a visa number to become available. When did your sister first start the process?
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Your past posts indicate that your visa applications are underway now.

Are you following the steps on travel.state.gov for the NVC steps? Your next step is to submit all your civil documents (like police certificate etc) to the NVC---these must be the originals.

When all the documents have been submitted to the NVC, they will notify you about setting your medical appointment and schedule the interview.

Where do you live? Which Consulate will you interview at?
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi, i live in north wales so i think it will be london, i havent applied for police checks yet as i have read they only last 6 months, it has been 3 weeks since we sent paperwork back, so i guess it could be a little while yet. Thanks for replying to my post, Debbie
Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, i live in north wales so i think it will be london, i havent applied for police checks yet as i have read they only last 6 months, it has been 3 weeks since we sent paperwork back, so i guess it could be a little while yet. Thanks for replying to my post, Debbie
Hi Debbie.. no, it's going to be quite soon, you need to get your documents ready.
The police check will be considered valid for one year by the London Embassy.. there is a bit on the website saying so if you need it. Well, you will surf right past it as you navigate to the instructions for ordering your ACPO certificate.

Don't forget that your birth certificates need to be the 'long form' type, with both parents' names on them.

Getting very close now.. exciting!
Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi all, i am probably not making myself clear, i have waited patiently since 1999 for a 4th preference visa, my priority date was july this year, since then my sister has had to fill in AOS and myself and my hubby had to fill in DS230. I have all documents ready ie birth certs wedding etc but i havent sent off for my police checks as yet as i dont want them running out, i thought the NVC tell you when to apply or have i got that wrong? i just cant work out how long the process takes do you think if all is correct we will get visas this year or next. Iam sorry if i sound thick but im not really lol.. it just gets confusing Deb
Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:11 am

Hi all, i am probably not making myself clear, i have waited patiently since 1999 for a 4th preference visa, my priority date was july this year, since then my sister has had to fill in AOS and myself and my hubby had to fill in DS230. I have all documents ready ie birth certs wedding etc but i havent sent off for my police checks as yet as i dont want them running out, i thought the NVC tell you when to apply or have i got that wrong? i just cant work out how long the process takes do you think if all is correct we will get visas this year or next. Iam sorry if i sound thick but im not really lol.. it just gets confusing Deb
No, all of that is clear to me.. I understand where you are in the application process.
The NVC will send you a letter asking for your civil documents. If you have them ready, you can send them right away.

If you prefer to wait to order your police certificate, until the NVC asks for it, you can. It takes a couple of weeks to receive.
However, it is valid for 12 months (in London), not 6.

From the time you send all your civil documents to the NVC, it's 3 months or *less* to the date of your interview.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

To anyone reading this...by "AOS" in this thread, the OP means "Affidavit of Support" (sent to NVC). AOS in this thread does not mean "adjustment of status".

Rene
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
To anyone reading this...by "AOS" in this thread, the OP means "Affidavit of Support" (sent to NVC). AOS in this thread does not mean "adjustment of status".

Rene
ahhh..thanks for clearing that up....I was getting really confused!