Help Please!!!

Old May 26th 2001, 12:39 pm
John N

Hi All, It's been ages since I posted or even logged on to this forum, the mundane
everyday things kind of took over and it's easy to forget that in the background
lurks the ever present (but hard to communicate with) INS. I have a problem which I
hope someone can help with.

On Jan 4th of this year I started the process of renewing my soon to expire (Mar) EAD
card. I submitted all the pertinent documentation: Form I-765 (c) (9) Form I-765
signature card Copy of Form I-94 (front & back) Copy of last EAD (front & back) 2
photos They wrote back and asked for a copy of I-485 Receipt Notice

I resubmitted.

Since that time, it has been returned three more times with a standard INS sheet
attached with item #13 checked and the words " Your I-765 (c) (9) must include a copy
of your I-485 receipt notice and all forms must be sent to the center where you filed
your I-485 application".

I checked the address to which we mailed my I-485 application and I have a US postal
delivery service delivery confirmation receipt showing the Los Angeles address,
P.O.Box 532499, Los Angeles, ca 90053-2499. I resubmitted to this address with a
covering letter.

After the fourth time it was returned (same notice attached) I called the national
center and they put me through to an office in LA where I spoke with an INS officer.
We went over the package together via phone and she confirmed I had all the correct
documentation. She asked me to write another covering letter and to include my phone
number and resubmit to N.Los Angeles street attention I-765 supervisor.

Guess what......it arrived back today with the same INS sheet and the same comments.

I am at a complete loss....I am obviously doing something wrong, or not submitting
correctly, but I haven't a clue what and I cant seem to reach anyone in the INS
system who can tell me what to do next.

Any advice anyone?.

Thanks

John N

Old May 26th 2001, 3:53 pm
Jonathan_ATC

Are you sending it to: PO Box 532499 INS Los Angeles District Office 300 N. Los
Angeles Street Los Angeles, CA 90053

Or just to the PO Box?

Just a thought. Their site gives the above address for I-485's.

Are you including the sheet they sent you? That is probably a must.

Try, try again.

--
    >
FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
expire
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
must
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
another
    >
Angeles
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 27th 2001, 4:07 am
John N

Jonathan,

Yes to the address in your post....except for the last submittal which was sent
directly to the I-485 unit as per the officer I spoke with on the phone. Yes to the
sheet also.

Any other suggestions?

John N

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi All, It's been ages since I posted or even logged on to this forum,[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > mundane everyday things kind of took over and it's easy to forget that[/usenetquote2]
in
[usenetquote2]> > the background lurks the ever present (but hard to communicate with)[/usenetquote2]
INS.
[usenetquote2]> > I have a problem which I hope someone can help with.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > On Jan 4th of this year I started the process of renewing my soon to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > (Mar) EAD card. I submitted all the pertinent documentation: Form I-765 (c) (9)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Form I-765 signature card Copy of Form I-94 (front & back) Copy of last EAD[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (front & back) 2 photos They wrote back and asked for a copy of I-485 Receipt[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Notice[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I resubmitted.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Since that time, it has been returned three more times with a standard[/usenetquote2]
INS
[usenetquote2]> > sheet attached with item #13 checked and the words " Your I-765 (c) (9)[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > include a copy of your I-485 receipt notice and all forms must be sent[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > the center where you filed your I-485 application".[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I checked the address to which we mailed my I-485 application and I have[/usenetquote2]
a
[usenetquote2]> > US postal delivery service delivery confirmation receipt showing the Los Angeles[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > address, P.O.Box 532499, Los Angeles, ca 90053-2499. I[/usenetquote2]
resubmitted
[usenetquote2]> > to this address with a covering letter.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > After the fourth time it was returned (same notice attached) I called[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > national center and they put me through to an office in LA where I spoke with an[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > INS officer. We went over the package together via phone and she confirmed I had[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > all the correct documentation. She asked me to write[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > covering letter and to include my phone number and resubmit to N.Los[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > street attention I-765 supervisor.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Guess what......it arrived back today with the same INS sheet and the[/usenetquote2]
same
[usenetquote2]> > comments.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I am at a complete loss....I am obviously doing something wrong, or not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > submitting correctly, but I haven't a clue what and I cant seem to reach anyone[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in the INS system who can tell me what to do next.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Any advice anyone?.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > John N[/usenetquote2]