Help Please.........

Old Oct 25th 2002, 11:30 am
Just Joined

sequoyah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Please.........

Hi everyone,

I have recently arrived here on a CR1 visa and have obtained by conditional green card valid for 2 years. Before leaving my home country i tied up as many loose ends as i could ie: bills etc and had my mail forwarded to a friend for 3 months. I also left that friend with some cash which she was supposed to pay any outstanding accounts with and send all the other accounts over to me here so that i could finalise them (which she hasnt done)

However, two weeks ago i received an email from her indicating that some bills she had for me hadnt been paid and that she needed to speak to me urgently. I have tried to contact her and have sent repeated emails to her but she has not responded.

I am now getting really worried that whatever debts she hasnt paid may have been placed into the hands of the court system.

I am stressing out severely as not only do i not want court actions against my name in my home country but i am paranoid that when i file for the conditional status of my green card to be removed that the INS may find out about this.

Can anyone give me some advice so that i can get some sleep?!!

Thanks